Sponsored by:

2011 Cayenne Configurator live on porsche.com

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 10:58 PM
Gj325
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DRJMK
it's all relative...the Turbo S cab is a 'value' compared to a comparably equipped regular turbo cab, etc. And Blade, I have to agree with you. I want to get a vehicle for me that's practical and fun to drive at the same time. It will be paid for and driven a long time. I feel guilty when driving one car one day and not the other. I am not as fortunate as you to have 3 adorable kids, but my 2 Bernese mountain dogs love to go for car rides and they can't fit in the 911. I've wasted money on vehicles over the past few years and after owning the Cayenne s, it is what I love. But, I can afford to drive the CTT, so that's what I'm getting. No regrets. Now, onto those options Gj! For me, it will be either ice blue metallic or jet black metallic on black leather, Burmester, heat/cooled seats, XM, PDCC, 20" RS spyder wheels, thermally insulated glass and some other goodies like red seat belts, crests, maybe some carbon fiber, etc. Now, I just need to drive one and it will seal the deal!
B

You can actually get more opts at dealers build than on website. More money. Since the Cayenne is for wife she doesn't get carbon. Fiber PCCB or seat belts. She's more into leather colors doesn't want any perf extras. Just DVD for kids heated vented seats. Things like that. I want Berm just becuase it's a deal for a Berm system. But she doesn't want V6 Turbo is not a necc for her but for the money I think the Cay S is too high when I did the build you can get a Turbo Cayenee for what I call very little extra money. That way i get a great family ride so it won't be much of a let down when the kids want to go compared to Turbo S Cab. But compared to my DD Honda Ridgeline I will be in hog heaven
Old 05-26-2010, 12:16 AM
gaurang
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 1 Post
Default Brochure?

Originally Posted by gammaman
The configurator only list the colors and upholstery that are available at roll-out. The brochure specifies the late availability options, with the exception of Jet Green which is supposed to be offered at roll-out, so I don't know why it's not on the configurator now. Black roof rails are also late availability.
Where did you get the brochure from?
Old 05-26-2010, 07:34 AM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mstams
Here's an article for you to read - particularly the "Driving the New Generation" section. It talks about the PVT option and how it helps with handling. They say it feels like the S sheds 1,000 lbs with that option. You might want to reconsider...

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t_drive_review
thanks! I'll add it to the wish list and get rid of the carbon fiber. I'll do the birch wood accents instead. Now, let me win the lotto
Old 05-30-2010, 12:12 AM
JSF101
Burning Brakes

Received 170 Likes on 97 Posts
Default Limiting options/trim level

Would be a shame if this becomes a reality
half the fun is configuring a car the way "you want it"

I would hope that the current configurator update is "incomplete" at best
both the German and UK versions have the full array of colors and many more option levels

and Ice Blue doesn't appear to be an option for the Cayenne, only sports cars

Originally Posted by ltc
In the aftermath of the Dr. W regime and the failed takeover of VAG by Porsche, I would expect you are going to see a lot more of this.

VAG is famous for limiting the options for their vehicle by trim level and by sales.

They are exceptionally good at it and have done well across both the VW and Audi lines. I expect Porsche to be no different over time.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:02 AM
gammaman
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gaurang
Where did you get the brochure from?
Got it from my dealer, but it can also be downloaded from the Porsche USA website.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:42 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The C&D article is a good read...I'd like to test one with the torque vectoring option. wonder if it will be on the launch cars...which, by the way, i'm told will be white over tan.

Quick Reply: 2011 Cayenne Configurator live on porsche.com