Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ATTN MR A.IRANI! Stop resurrecting old transmission issue threads and read this!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 10:15 PM
porsche52
Board Certified Porsche Trauma Surgeon
Cayenne Grief Counselor
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Default ATTN MR A.IRANI! Stop resurrecting old transmission issue threads and read this!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.irani
My car is leaking tranny fluid...it's not coming from the pan...looks like the transfer case per the technical bulletin/recall:
http://www.lemonauto.com/complaints/porsche/cayenne.htm

and

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov using NHTSA Campaign ID number : 04V071000

I called both local San Diego Dealers (Hoehn and Pioneer) and either want to honor the recall...but say the vehicle is not within the VIN Range. the manufacturer date on it is: 06/2003

WTF, can these guys get away with this?!? VIN is: WP1AC29P44LA91378

Just last month I coughed up $$$ to the dealer to repair the coolant leak problem. That set my back $1,300 while the dealer covered the cost on the parts.

The fact that the transfer case is leaking has nothing to do with service action W411 or NHTSA Campaign Number: 04V071000. This is what the issue was on the transfer cases that fell under the scope of the W411 service action.

"Porsche AG, has decided that a defect relating to motor vehicle safety exists in certain model year
2004 Cayenne (V6), Cayenne S and Cayenne Turbo vehicles. The affected vehicles were unfortunately,
fitted with a transfer gearbox on which, due to deformed casting, the oil pump can rotate inside the
housing. The consequence of this is that the supply of oil to the transfer gearbox is interrupted. This in
turn leads to noises from the transfer gearbox.
If the vehicle continues to be driven in this condition, it can result in the transfer gearbox housing
breaking. This condition could result in a crash without warning."

Nothing to do with leaking fluid!! And plus, the Transfer Case fluid is blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT RED!!!!!!!!! So yes, based on what you have said, the service departments at Hoehn and Pioneer can say " Were sorry sir, but your vehicle does not apply to this service action." and be 100% correct. Take your car to a indy or dealer and get it diagnosed. My guess is that the torque converter pump seal is leaking. They have been known to fail soon after the coolant pipes were replaced. If you really want to make sure that your transfer case is not affected by the W411 service action. Have a tech or you, look at the batch casting number on the tranasfer case. If it is 1.1 or 5.5 it is ok. If it is 2.2 then it needs to be replaced. Your VIN is NOT in the VIN list for the W411. The first turbo effected was WP1ACxxPx4LA92009 the last 8 of your VIN is 4LA91378. Your pig was built prior to the bad batch of transfer cases being installed. Nice try
Old 03-02-2010, 08:57 PM
a.irani
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

porsche52,

I just had the pig diagnosed at a Porsche Dealer. You're right...the torque converter pump seal is leaking.

You're also correct - They do not give a sh*t if the pig only has 65,000 miles and the tranny already took a sh*t. R/R $2,950 !!

I expected more from this POS...I spend more to maintain this pig than anything else I've owned. It does haul some as* for a pig.

Quick Reply: ATTN MR A.IRANI! Stop resurrecting old transmission issue threads and read this!!!