Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to do with the battery when I go away for 3 weeks?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 04:48 PM
k2kv
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an OEM Porsche battery maintainer, new, never used, just sitting on a shelf, that I will soon be selling (moving soon, need to lighten up where I can).

Located NY, PM if interested.

Thanks...
Old 12-03-2009, 04:50 PM
k2kv
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an OEM Porsche battery maintainer, new, never used, just sitting on a shelf, that I will soon be selling (moving soon, need to lighten up where I can).

Located NY, PM if interested.

Thanks...
Old 12-03-2009, 05:31 PM
HD2pct
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

K2KV de K9XK...I saw that callsign and Googled you and saw that antenna thingie. How'd you make out or do you not want to talk about it?

(BTW guys sorry for the OT post)
Old 12-04-2009, 12:08 PM
richc
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't believe you folks leave your batteries in the car. I take mine with me, I'm never without it. I use a kids stroller to move it around. When I fly, the battery gets the seat next to me. Mine prefers a window seat. Airport security is very good about this. Once I tell them it's a Porsche battery it's like the Red Sea parting; the tone goes from the harsh "take your shoes off and put them in the bin" to a hushed "It's a PORSCHE battery" rippling thru the various security officers. Often they simply wave me through with a wink and nod. I've found hotels to be very understanding when my battery and I check in. The battery is happiest if you get it's own room, and don't forget to give it some money to tip the bellhop when it gets to the room. This year I vacationed in Hawaii, and I know the battery enjoyed it but I find it odd the snorkel and fin suppliers don't manufacture swimming gear for our batteries, I could get a mask on it but those fins never did fit. Our batteries aren't great swimmers, so be careful and don't take one too far out from the shore.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:25 PM
HD2pct
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So it was YOUR battery that had that awesome pipeline run on the North Shore which had everyone so excited.

My wife and I thought it was cool that they had a lei to fit it when it came ashore, but I guess the same size lei that that they use for kids can be used for batteries(?)

Quick Reply: What to do with the battery when I go away for 3 weeks?