Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DME upgrade software/hardware

Old 09-06-2009, 04:44 PM
nikoli
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DME upgrade software/hardware

I have just joined this forum after reading threads relating to the problems with
ignition coils/spark plugs having replaced these items my car is now transformed back to when I first bought the car new back in october 2003

Many thanks for the information that came from reading these articles it was very satisfiying changing the plugs and coils and seeing the difference it made.

Now it seems that having got the car running so smoothly both my wife and I notice this lag in acceleration when urban driving and having read some of the threads regarding this my question is as my car is an early model 2003 do I need just a software upgrade or hardware or both, and if so what is the cost from the dealers or is this DIY able has anyone gone through this process with their 2003/4 cayenne s
many thanks
any help greatly apprieciated
Old 09-21-2009, 06:31 PM
flintworks
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a DME software update but most cars don't really need it. It is usually done at the same time as a tiptronic control unit replacement for harsh downshift rather than engine performance. The vehicle does go into "limp" mode which slightly reduced power if you press the brake and gas at the same time. After a while it automatically goes back to normal.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:06 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

In the early days there were many flashes for the DME and Egas updates. If the dealer hooks it up to PIWIS it will automatically bring it up to date

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DME upgrade software/hardware