Heat Insulated Glass on CTT - Toll Transponder

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 10:43 AM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 97 Posts
Default Heat Insulated Glass on CTT - Toll Transponder

I just bought a 2005 CTT. It is simply awesome!!

It came with heat insulated glass, which is great, but blocks the EZPass Toll transponder signal.

There is a small cutout right above the mirror, but it doesn't always work. Does anyone have any suggestions as to placement on the windshield or mount the exterior tag somewhere in the engine compartment?
Old 12-11-2008, 01:05 AM
INURGRL951
Three Wheelin'

Location: out in the sticks and flat lands of va wondering around for an open field or pavement!!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just hold mine up when i go threw ez pass i got one box and 12 cars ...lol works well that way

costas
Old 12-11-2008, 10:55 AM
BSL
Three Wheelin'

Maybe use the sunroof? (not sure if it has the insulated glass though...) The transponder probably wouldn't work through the metal of the hood if mounted in the engine compartment.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:59 PM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

If you go to EZpass and beg borrow and plead, they might give you a plate tag. Now you don't have a front plate, then deal with it. You have cool fancy windows!

Actually, if you look at the very top, there is a spot that doesn't have the insulation. Also, when driving through EZpass lanes, note if the sensor is on the left or right and go closer to that side. In concert, these work, unless your going through the NY mid-town tunnel, where it never works. Transit cops are nice, warm, bubbly people!
Old 12-11-2008, 04:31 PM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by yetis
If you go to EZpass and beg borrow and plead, they might give you a plate tag. Now you don't have a front plate, then deal with it. You have cool fancy windows!

Actually, if you look at the very top, there is a spot that doesn't have the insulation. Also, when driving through EZpass lanes, note if the sensor is on the left or right and go closer to that side. In concert, these work, unless your going through the NY mid-town tunnel, where it never works. Transit cops are nice, warm, bubbly people!
Thanks. I actually did try putting the EZpass in that cutout section and it works spotty at best. I do have the front plate on, so I guess I will look into getting one for the plate, but those are really a pain too, and people can steal them.

Quick Reply: Heat Insulated Glass on CTT - Toll Transponder