Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Inside a PCM not that confusing

Old 10-23-2008, 02:43 AM
INURGRL951
Three Wheelin'

Location: out in the sticks and flat lands of va wondering around for an open field or pavement!!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Inside a PCM not that confusing

Here are some pics of the inside of my pcm due to a stuck cd. Inside the first pic is the unit semi out I left everything hooked up because I didn't want to lose ALL the presets to EVERYTHING! So I removed the top cover unhooked the two bus lines and the cd portion was now disconnect form the rest.
Name:  cayenne PCM part 1.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  37.6 KB

The second pic here is just the cd player part. Ok the lil black plastic piece you see to the left controls the guide for the cd to go in or eject if that piece comes uncliped or the track get sightly bent you will have a cd goin in or out issue( because half of the cd player thinks there is a cd in there and the other half does not ). In my case the plastic piece just popped otta place so I clipped it back into place. Now if you are having a problem with the cd goin in or out of the player this my be it... ways of knowing if this is what you got. 1.you will hear it constanly tryin to load the cd that not in there or jamed when you open the door of the car or your just drving down the road with everything else off you can hear it.Name:  cayenne PCM part 2.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  48.2 KB

I hope this will help others in the future and to mudman here are the pics I promised you sorry they are not the greatest...but something is better then nothing.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:23 AM
SnP
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

OK. So based on your pics I went out and tore my PCM unit apart but didn't find any golf tees inside mine. Additionally, my cd drive doesn't seem to be chain driven. Should I be concerned?
Old 10-24-2008, 06:52 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

So simple inside a child could design it.
Thanks for posting the pics. I always did wonder what those things looked like inside.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:15 AM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 871 Likes on 529 Posts

as if you didn't know Lewis...or would admit to...
Old 10-24-2008, 04:32 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by skl
as if you didn't know Lewis...or would admit to...
I was beginning to worry, haven't heard from you in a while.

I know nothing about this stuff......Larry did, he's dead.
Now I play with high powered lasers.....blew a hole in 3 cinderblocks last week with a 50,000 watt unit.....whoops!

To think, I am one step away from having a fully functioning Death Star......Lord Larry can then unleash its laser on Peter the Great and Dr. W........
Old 10-24-2008, 04:42 PM
INURGRL951
Three Wheelin'

Location: out in the sticks and flat lands of va wondering around for an open field or pavement!!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HAHAHAHA!! snp your a trip I knew I should have cropped out the other **** on my table(for this croud) ....but you didn't say anything bout the verizon bill next to it ...why you don't want to pay it for me?? ..lol
Old 10-24-2008, 05:26 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Now I play with high powered lasers.....blew a hole in 3 cinderblocks last week with a 50,000 watt unit.....whoops!
Now THAT'S my idea of having a fun time at work!
Old 11-12-2008, 04:13 PM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc

To think, I am one step away from having a fully functioning Death Star......Lord Larry can then unleash its laser on Peter the Great and Dr. W........
Will that fit on a Cayenne??
It could help a lot with my daily LA commute....
Old 11-12-2008, 10:14 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by medtech
Will that fit on a Cayenne??
It could help a lot with my daily LA commute....
The 50KW laser would not fit on a Cayenne.....it has its own turbine electrical generator (supplied by the Army) to power it.

However, there was a 3KW laser that was bolted onto a HumVee (the real HumVee, not the POS soccer Mom variants) that was used to detect and remote detonate (thermally) buried land mines.

Besides, I reserve the right to test the 50KW Death Star laser on PCNA HQ......

Memo to Peter the Great.....stay away from the windows.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:06 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,224 Likes on 771 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
However, there was a 3KW laser that was bolted onto a HumVee (the real HumVee, not the POS soccer Mom variants)
My wife is really more of a football Mom... my boys don't play soccer.

While the H3 is certainly a far cry from a military HumVee, I wouldn't call it a POS either. There's more to it than just a Chevy Trailblazer with square fenders. It has actually been a very good vehicle. It's great in deep snow, great off-road in mud when I take it on hunting trips, etc. Hard to believe, I know, but it has spent less time being serviced than the Cayenne.

The Saab wagon she drove before the H3 was a POS.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Inside a PCM not that confusing