Sponsored by:

Porsche paperweight anyone

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 07:03 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Naw - I've purchased brand new from the same dealer a Cayenne S - Boxster and 997S and I didn't get either...

Old 10-07-2008, 12:12 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JFScheck
Naw - I've purchased brand new from the same dealer a Cayenne S - Boxster and 997S and I didn't get either...

The PCNA marketing dept. is definitely savvy but I don't get it.. it would seem to make sense for you to be approached about a Panamera and I've told my dealer that I eventually want a 911... surely demographics say send our "types" this stuff to motivate a visit at least.. especially since you've owned all the varieties! ... I asked my GM about a year or so ago and he said that he's never figured it out because he gets complaints from customers who compare marketing goodies.....
Old 10-07-2008, 11:09 AM
cascade
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the paperweight. Not a fan of paperweights, but I must say, this was has a certain feel to it. I wonder if it's made in Germany or China?
Old 10-07-2008, 11:24 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I haven't gotten the paperweight yet but I did get the sign awhile back. Just to add more fuel to the "I'm so confused" dept. I keep getting these letters from PCNA telling me the warranty is about to expire on the Pepper and recommending I consider an extended warranty program (it's a CPO vehicle w/ about 3 yrs of warranty left). I'm surprised I haven't gotten one for the 993.... I asked my local dealer to confirm it is in fact flagged as a CPO vehicle (I did not buy it from them, they don't have any skin in that transaction) and they've said yes, it shows as CPO. I also have all the CPO paperwork from the selling dealer so I'm covered no matter what.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:25 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by cascade
I got the paperweight. Not a fan of paperweights, but I must say, this was has a certain feel to it. I wonder if it's made in Germany or China?
It is actually made in India, by the same company that produces camshafts for Porsche, made from recycled/defective camshaft material, hence the 'certain feel'.

Quick Reply: Porsche paperweight anyone