Sponsored by:

front licence plate pic's

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front licence plate pic's

i took the licence bracket from an 06 Cayenne and mounted it upside down below the grill. saw it done on this thread with the older model and decided to borrow.

it leaves that turbo grill un-adulterated imo.
Attached Images    
Old 04-06-2008, 11:50 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,246 Likes on 782 Posts

Looks nice that way - good idea.

I live in a state where there is no front license plate required, but my Cayenne S was brought in from a dealer in a state that does require one - so the bracket was alread mounted... already drilled into the bumper... I've been thinking of removing it and having some very minor filling and paint work done on the bumper...
Old 04-06-2008, 12:39 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Dennis C

I live in a state where there is no front license plate required, but my Cayenne S was brought in from a dealer in a state that does require one - so the bracket was alread mounted... already drilled into the bumper... I've been thinking of removing it and having some very minor filling and paint work done on the bumper...
Mine was too, or should i say I purchased used form a front plate state. I've already removed the plate holder now I just need to trim the crap from around where the screws went then get a couple of the trim plugs and some Porsche touch up paint....or go the Bumper Plug route.
I just didn't care for that plate holder on the front of the Pepper but it looked a lot better than some out there.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:46 PM
ozr
Racer

Talking

Originally Posted by 993BillW
...I've already removed the plate holder ...
...fk em, I would just get rid of it completely, just ruins clean turbo look...

OZRacing
Old 04-06-2008, 09:43 PM
Blade-MD
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

I got my Cayenne from a state where it wasn't required (Texas) and live in a state where it is required (Washington). No tickets to date, just one warning (only reason I got pulled over too). No changes planned as I really like the clean look of the vehicle.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:27 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Blade-MD
I got my Cayenne from a state where it wasn't required (Texas) and live in a state where it is required (Washington). No tickets to date, just one warning (only reason I got pulled over too). No changes planned as I really like the clean look of the vehicle.
Texas always required one when I was there... maybe they changed the law in the last 9 years...
Old 04-06-2008, 11:38 PM
Blade-MD
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

It was a "used" vehicle with 900 miles. I assumed, because it was sold by a dealer, that it would comply with the laws of the state of origin. My mistake.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:15 AM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 30 Posts

Here's mine with the license in front of the grill for comparison. It doesn't bother me as I got used to the look already.
Attached Images  
Old 04-07-2008, 04:39 AM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

I live in a state where there is no front license plate required, but my Cayenne S was brought in from a dealer in a state that does require one - so the bracket was alread mounted... already drilled into the bumper....
Bumper Plugs

Eric who owns the company is a regular - bought a pair for the Boxster & Cayenne - luckily I stopped them before they drilled the 911....

Old 04-07-2008, 07:20 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Originally Posted by JFScheck
Bumper Plugs

Eric who owns the company is a regular - bought a pair for the Boxster & Cayenne - luckily I stopped them before they drilled the 911....

We've kinda hijacked this thread haven't we. I have the Bumper Plugs on the 993 front since it was originally sold in Calif. but the plug for the door lock didn't last too long. Came out after the 3rd or 4th wash and found it smashed in my driveway.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:16 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Are the bumper plugs just press-fit into the holes in the bumper? Maybe I should try that...
Old 04-07-2008, 08:57 AM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Targa Tim
Here's mine with the license in front of the grill for comparison. It doesn't bother me as I got used to the look already.
but you can also get used to a headache; it doesn't mean you have to though!

it is an easy mod Tim.

in Ontario the Highway Act just says it must be conspicious; i was pulled over when naked, so we will see if i get some ****** who thinks this is not in accordance with the Act.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:58 AM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

my 911 came from quebec, so no front bracket. i did a flush mount down lower and molded to the bumper curve.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:03 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Are the bumper plugs just press-fit into the holes in the bumper? Maybe I should try that...
Yes. Kinda pricy for a cap but it is painted w/ the correct paint and I think they're also clear coated.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:20 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 993BillW
Yes. Kinda pricy for a cap but it is painted w/ the correct paint and I think they're also clear coated.
I just ordered a set. We'll see how it turns out.

Quick Reply: front licence plate pic's