Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying a new '08 Cayenne S - any savings?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 12:43 AM
saqibc
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Geoff - thanks for your comments. I actually did put down a deposit on the GTS back in Sept and got to pick my options a couple weeks ago, but never talked to the dealer about any possible discounts. Honestly, I didnt expect one as my understanding is that there only a handful to go around but thought I would check with the resident experts. This is my first Porsche, I cant wait till it finally gets here.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:42 AM
geoff w
Advanced

Originally Posted by saqibc
Geoff - thanks for your comments. I actually did put down a deposit on the GTS back in Sept and got to pick my options a couple weeks ago, but never talked to the dealer about any possible discounts. Honestly, I didn't expect one as my understanding is that there only a handful to go around but thought I would check with the resident experts. This is my first Porsche, I cant wait till it finally gets here.
If you ask about a discount, the worst that can happen is they say "no" and you're stuck driving a brand new Cayenne GTS with the options you wanted

I'm no expert in buying cars (bought 5 cars in the past 20 years, I still have 4 of them and the other was just finalized tonight), but with any negotiation, your going in position should be more than you hope to get but not so unrealistic that you're not taken seriously. If you expect nothing, would be happy with $2,000 off, try asking for the standard fleet discount (assuming $3,500 off MSRP), and any discount you get will be a bonus. The easier you've made it for the sales guys and the less work you create, as well as the more potential for future business (buying additional vehicles, parts, sales, referrals, etc.), the more likely they will be to cut you a deal, since in the long run they will benefit from your continued business.

If you're not a PCA member yet, join now and ask if there's a PCA discount. If you save $50 off MSRP, you will have more than paid for your first year's membership!
Old 01-18-2008, 12:34 PM
wangt1015
2nd Gear

Currently looking for a cayenne in so cal

CBDITTY - can you let me know who your contact is for the 10% off? Thanks.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:45 PM
cbditty
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

call george at 248-321-8000, im supposed to take delivery of my 08 S tomorrow, tell him chris referred you

Quick Reply: Buying a new '08 Cayenne S - any savings?