Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory XM to Sirius swap in 08 CTT???

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 09:23 AM
Reefminis
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory XM to Sirius swap in 08 CTT???

Ok, so I've browsed all the satellite radio threads I could find and I'm still just as confused as I was before.

I've got a week old 2008 CTT that came with XM and its killin' me because I've hmm-ed and haw-ed on getting a CTT since 2003............all the while you could get either Sirius or XM. Well, of course, now you can only get XM and we're an all Sirius family.

What I want is Sirius. Can I just swap out the Porsche factory XM brain with a factory Sirius brain? I know that with a store bought XM or Sirius receiver, the antenna connectors are different, is it the same way with a Porsche factory install so the antennas would have to be swapped as well? I know that XM wise, the part numbers differ from Gen 1 to Gen 2 Cayennes is that going to cause me problems using a Gen 1 Cayenne Sirius brain?

I know the satellite radio topic has been discussed ad nauseum in different permutations on this site, but I cannot make heads or tails if what I want to do is possible.

Many thanks to anyone who can shed light on this for me. I know that there are cheaper ways, but I like things to be a close to "stock" as possible.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:52 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The dealer can swap for $
Old 12-26-2007, 02:51 PM
leek
Rennlist Member

Aren't they going to merge in the near future anyway?
Old 12-27-2007, 11:55 AM
Reefminis
AutoX

Originally Posted by mudman2
The dealer can swap for $
But will they.........First, none of the dealers within 300 miles sold me the car. Second, the Sirius part is for Cayenne's up to 2006. I just don't want to deal with the old..."thats not for your car, we can't put it in."

Is there any place other than the nearest parts counter that I can buy the Factory Sirius kit? Or has anyone dealt with a dealer that has refused to make a swap like this?

As to the merger, was it ever approved? Besides, even if it was approved it will take a while for there to be any cross or combined programming.

Quick Reply: Factory XM to Sirius swap in 08 CTT???