Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are black exterior pilliar trim pieces available?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 06:27 PM
Brettcp
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are black exterior pilliar trim pieces available?

I'm talking about the exterior pieces of trim behind the front and rear door windows (vertical trim pieces).. are these available in black/ie - color matched to the car? Mine are silver now..

-Bret
Old 11-23-2007, 08:55 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

The answer is yes... the exterior black package on my CS was a $320 option. I have no idea what the dealer would charge, although you might try giving Sunset in Beaverton, Oregon a call.

This is a great option that makes my CS uniquely black
Attached Images  
Old 11-23-2007, 10:40 PM
Brettcp
Track Day

thanks!! question - is it color matched to the black of your paint, or is it just flat black?
Old 11-24-2007, 11:08 AM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

They are black anodized, the black roof rail option was merely $820
Old 12-15-2007, 09:28 PM
Brettcp
Track Day

Porsche wanted $130 for flat black ones.. so I just pulled mine off and took them to the body shop - for $150 they're color matched to the car.. looks GREAT! $150 well spent.

-Brett
Old 02-02-2008, 03:33 PM
cbditty
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

brett, how did you pull off the C pillar?
Old 02-07-2008, 03:33 PM
pokerjarvis
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just picked up the 4 pillar trim pieces, as well as the surrounding trim, off an eBay auction for $25.00. I've seen them on there several times. If interested, you can also find the same pieces in carbon fiber on eBay...$100.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:32 PM
cbditty
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

congrats on the auction, i saw those just after i ordered my b and c pillars from porsche for $160, you got a great deal

but youre gonna be stuck with the same problem i now have--how to remove the c pillar

if you figure it out please let me know
Old 02-07-2008, 06:44 PM
JRCTT
Instructor

Not the specific answer you are looking for but the rear windows need to be popped out to do it.

I went with the carbon fiber "stick ons" - not sure how they work yet but will post up when they come in.

Originally I said no way would put these cheap things on - then I saw another cayenne with them and was quite impressed.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:38 PM
pokerjarvis
Instructor

Unfortunately, there's just no easy (or cheap) way to complete this mod without cutting some serious corners. There are 3 ways to try to accomplish the 'black out'; all have their disadvantages. 1) Stick on car parts or trim covered with vinyl just seems a bit cheesey, IMHO and would likely fail the test of time. 2) Purchasing all of the parts (6 pieces for each side, 12 in all) plus the install labor runs the price right up there. 3) You can go to a body shop, have them R&I + refinish all 12 pieces. which is very labor intensive (2.0 hrs each to R&I the quarter panel glass to access the C pillar alone), add clear coat, material, etc. and you're facing a 4-digit job.

The expense continues if you then choose to black out the door handles, lower door molding, liftgate molding....blah blah blah

I love the look of the black out, especially on black cars, but I'm just not sure it's worth the dough.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:31 PM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pokerjarvis
Unfortunately, there's just no easy (or cheap) way to complete this mod without cutting some serious corners. There are 3 ways to try to accomplish the 'black out'; all have their disadvantages. 1) Stick on car parts or trim covered with vinyl just seems a bit cheesey, IMHO and would likely fail the test of time. 2) Purchasing all of the parts (6 pieces for each side, 12 in all) plus the install labor runs the price right up there. 3) You can go to a body shop, have them R&I + refinish all 12 pieces. which is very labor intensive (2.0 hrs each to R&I the quarter panel glass to access the C pillar alone), add clear coat, material, etc. and you're facing a 4-digit job.

The expense continues if you then choose to black out the door handles, lower door molding, liftgate molding....blah blah blah

I love the look of the black out, especially on black cars, but I'm just not sure it's worth the dough.
The other option of course is to buy a Cayenne with the factory black out package for a little more than $300.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:44 PM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Actually, upon reflection, the first thing I'd do is get the clear side markers. The stailness trim creates a rather monochromatic effect with the silver paint. A total blackout package would look fugly on your Cayenne if you tried to integrate it beyond the B and C pillars. I was tryingto achieve the monochramatic look with my blac Turbo S and love the look of the blackout package. On your car, the stainless with the silver creates a smilar "blackout" package in silver (i.e., the monochromatic effect). Leave it alone--but change the side markers!
Old 03-10-2008, 11:11 PM
pokerjarvis
Instructor

Not sure where you're going with that. Mine is black, not silver & I've already changed out the side markers...

Have you posted any pics of your CTS?
Old 03-11-2008, 12:42 AM
Coleman
Three Wheelin'

Received 114 Likes on 60 Posts

Craig, are those 16's?

;-)

C/
Old 02-27-2017, 11:43 AM
tsitz
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi
I am looking at a Cayenne TT , and I'd really like the "black exterior trim" option. Sounds like it's an expensive thing, better to buy with it done.... yes?

Quick Reply: Are black exterior pilliar trim pieces available?