Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The wait is over!!! It's mods time!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 03:58 AM
hike737
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The wait is over!!! It's mods time!

Two months wait is over - last Friday collected my 2008 CS from the dealer. Pictures will be posted tomorrow - i am sure you'll like it.

Please advise whether I can put a Turbo bumper on my CS. It looks nice, but I am not sure if the larger Turbo grill will deliver more than needed air intake? will it lead to CS taking more time to reach its optimium temperature and even staying below it? Thanks.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:32 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 32 Posts

I'm sure it will fit well with no air intake problem. Just look at the new Cayenne GTS.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:23 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by hike737
Please advise whether I can put a Turbo bumper on my CS..
Yes, and then you can call it a Cayenne GTS....perhaps you missed the memo regarding this.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:23 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

There's just something about newbie enthusiasm........
Old 09-26-2007, 01:33 AM
hike737
AutoX

Thanks guys!

I have put me order before seeing your replies. Of course you are right - it will be just like GTS! ALso ordered silver matt roof rails and silver stripes that go on the lower part of the doors (or whatever they are called - pardon my ignorance)... Let me remind you that I ordered Black Exterior Package and now changing some of its elements back to Silver....

On a separate note I was playing with the Build your Porshce feature of the Porsche US site and discovered so many Exclusive things I could order - those were not available 2 months ago when I placed my order. Not surprisingly at all ther are no Exclusive options cheaper than $1000.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:01 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ltc
There's just something about newbie enthusiasm........
..... sigh, another one with deep pockets and no ........ well you know what I mean. Mod-away.. oh, latest newbie and welcome to the Pepper village on the web.. where the sarcasm is dry and the only wet consumable stuff is purple.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:23 AM
tommytomaso
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two months wait is over - last Friday collected my 2008 CS from the dealer. Pictures will be posted tomorrow - i am sure you'll like it.

Please advise whether I can put a Turbo bumper on my CS. It looks nice, but I am not sure if the larger Turbo grill will deliver more than needed air intake? will it lead to CS taking more time to reach its optimium temperature and even staying below it? Thanks.
WELCOME!!!!...and congrats!
Not an owner myself but i do like the "pig" as "Larry" calls it.
You may need a ''survival kit'' here though
One part of the kit is know that "ltc" is on meds and has mood swings, he had a love affair with a pepper once and she broke his heart.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:42 AM
hike737
AutoX

[QUOTE=MadFox;4611559.....welcome to the Pepper village on the web.. where the sarcasm is dry and the only wet consumable stuff is purple.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Madofx! Please elaborate on this "the only wet consumable stuff is purple" as English is my third language
Old 09-27-2007, 02:59 AM
hike737
AutoX

Originally Posted by tommytomaso
WELCOME!!!!...and congrats!
Not an owner myself but i do like the "pig" as "Larry" calls it.
You may need a ''survival kit'' here though
One part of the kit is know that "ltc" is on meds and has mood swings, he had a love affair with a pepper once and she broke his heart.
Thanks! On the 'survival kit" - Yeah, I noticed by lurking for couple weeks Is this part of the "Pepper culture"? Cause I am used to totally different treatment on www.x5world.com... Not that I'm complaining though
Old 09-27-2007, 08:19 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

Thanks guys!

On a separate note I was playing with the Build your Porshce feature of the Porsche US site and discovered so many Exclusive things I could order - those were not available 2 months ago when I placed my order. Not surprisingly at all ther are no Exclusive options cheaper than $1000.
those options allow you to build one amazing machine. it is too bad it took so long to get them onto the NA site. i was using the German site for the last 3 months to pick out the build features. it certainly is easier now!

Quick Reply: The wait is over!!! It's mods time!