Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I might be back for more pepper.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 06:26 PM
JARO
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I might be back for more pepper.....

after seeing this......http://autoshow.autos.msn.com/autosh...mentid=1695001
Old 01-26-2007, 08:52 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Strange, it's rare for a lemming to survive it's "Acapulco Cliff Dive" along with the others to only try it a second time.
Then again, how often to you expect to win at Russian Roulette.......oops, unintentional Russian reference there.......Russia: Final Resting Place for Cayennes.

So, what is it exactly about the facelift that makes you want to try it a second time?
Old 01-26-2007, 09:47 PM
BinNY
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone else like the old design better? I think I prefer my 2004 CTT. That one looks a little "busy" to me in the front, and I'm not crazy about the way the bumper surrounds the tailpipe. The extra HP and torque would be nice, but the current version is already pretty amazing. Are the brakes any better? The Titanium looks the best to me (just my opinion).
Old 01-26-2007, 10:09 PM
JARO
Pro

Originally Posted by ltc
Strange, it's rare for a lemming to survive it's "Acapulco Cliff Dive" along with the others to only try it a second time.
Then again, how often to you expect to win at Russian Roulette.......oops, unintentional Russian reference there.......Russia: Final Resting Place for Cayennes.

So, what is it exactly about the facelift that makes you want to try it a second time?
Ouch! That was to be expected... Sticking it to me with the Rusky comment...hhaahaha..

I like the power increase, improved mileage, the rear bumper treatment around tailpipes....front lights... hey, point is that I did enjoy that SUV....i sold it as I was not pepared to go naked with a '03 model....and let's be honest there is really nothing better....a LR, RR? hell no.....X5...maybe... Audi...? no thanks...

I'm not running to the P-dealer just yet my friend....but I could use a SUV....
Old 01-26-2007, 10:23 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Prediction: you'll get one.

Cayenne ownership appears to be a bit like a herpes cold sore......it comes and goes and comes back.....but never leaves your system.
Well, Larry figured out a way, a bit extreme, but he did finally escape the Cayenne.

I look forward to the pics of your new ride
Old 01-26-2007, 11:37 PM
HD2pct
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BinNY
Anyone else like the old design better? I think I prefer my 2004 CTT. That one looks a little "busy" to me in the front, and I'm not crazy about the way the bumper surrounds the tailpipe. The extra HP and torque would be nice, but the current version is already pretty amazing. Are the brakes any better? The Titanium looks the best to me (just my opinion).
Bin, I am with you all the way. I think that the front, especially, does not reflect the traditional Porsche design in most respects. If I wanted to buy a Batmobile, I would have done that. To adhere to any Porsche standard, the Cayenne's design needs to be evolutionary vs revolutionary, and they screwed that up already. Now it is "an SUV of some type" that has a Porsche logo on it.

If you buy an '08, why not buy an ML 63 or something? You're starting all over, anyway.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:19 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BinNY
That's why I got the 06 Tit.S. I do not like the bumper surrounding the tailpipes.. in fact, I think the Tit.S rear end (is that an oxymoron?) is the best looking exhaust look of all I've seen posted over the years. Also agree that the front doesn't look improved.. more distressed..

and lastly, to ltc's comment... I don't think it is Cayenne herpes.. more like a love/hate addiction that after some withdrawal.. either you make it and never come back.. or you're like a dog returning to its vomit!
Old 01-27-2007, 12:35 PM
JARO
Pro

Originally Posted by ltc
Prediction: you'll get one.

Cayenne ownership appears to be a bit like a herpes cold sore......it comes and goes and comes back.....but never leaves your system.
Well, Larry figured out a way, a bit extreme, but he did finally escape the Cayenne.

I look forward to the pics of your new ride
well let's not go crazy just yet....got to see it on the lot before I make any decisions....and I might just go for Tit.S ...06 perhaps....

so we seem to agree that there isn't a better SUV out there correct?

Cayenne ownership can be compared to this girl I once dated....she was not the prettiest but did some crazy things in bed...she was high maintnance but cooked some amazing stuff.....her mom cought us in a compromising position....well that is for another forum....sorry...
Old 01-27-2007, 05:51 PM
droptop
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default rather..

than a herpes cold sore i would compare it to malaria. once you have it you never get rid of it, and while you can go for a while with no ill effects, it will eventually put you on your back again.

it's also expensive to treat, so an even more apt simile.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:09 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by JARO
so we seem to agree that there isn't a better SUV out there correct?
As an all around compromise vehicle (good handling (brakes/suspension), tow capability, dealer quality, etc), then I'd say yes, the Cayenne is one of the best compromise SUV's available.

Having been down this road before, I just find myself more happy with multiple vehicles and far fewer compromises.

You'll be back.......
Old 01-27-2007, 07:15 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

.........Cayenne ownership can be compared to this girl I once dated....she was not the prettiest but did some crazy things in bed...she was high maintnance but cooked some amazing stuff.....her mom cought us in a compromising position.....
Now, you're bragging.. just buy the dang thing and be done with it!
Old 01-27-2007, 07:16 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
As an all around compromise vehicle (good handling (brakes/suspension), tow capability, dealer quality, etc), then I'd say yes, the Cayenne is one of the best compromise SUV's available.
Larry would have never said that, who are you?......
Old 01-27-2007, 09:23 PM
JARO
Pro

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
Larry would have never said that, who are you?......
he must have switched meds
Old 01-30-2007, 12:11 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

well let's not go crazy just yet....got to see it on the lot before I make any decisions....and I might just go for Tit.S ...06 perhaps....
End of month does make a difference now for Porsche dealers.. plus '08 allotments will be based on sales and they certainly want to get rid of '06's.. you need some Tit.S in your future
Old 02-01-2007, 02:15 PM
schvetkaaks
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alas...like herpes and cold sores that accompany the disease, I, too, find myself longing once again for the CTT...

I gave mine up a short time ago to relieve a bit of financial pressure on one of my businesses, and now I find myself wishing I hadn't, although it was the 'right' thing to do at the time. I've all but committed myself (no pun intended) to getting another when the software company I'm in sells or gets VC funding - both of which look highly probable in the next 6 months...