Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 10:23 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Kooser
Ya gotta "give" a little every now and then - "toss 'em a bone here or there" - remove an exhaust, ice her up, get her a sled, etc. etc.

Don't even think for a minute EnigmaWmn that my PIMP hand ain't strong!
Definitely not looking too strong from up here in the cheap seats.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:58 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kooser
Ya gotta "give" a little every now and then - "toss 'em a bone here or there" - remove an exhaust, ice her up, get her a sled, etc. etc.

Don't even think for a minute EnigmaWmn that my PIMP hand ain't strong!
Careful, Kooser. If your wife reads this, you'll end up giving up much more than your exhaust. And why isn't she registered here anyway? It's obvious that she's fully in charge of that CTT, which she occasionally lets you drive :-D
Old 12-06-2006, 01:10 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
Careful, Kooser. If your wife reads this, you'll end up giving up much more than your exhaust. And why isn't she registered here anyway? It's obvious that she's fully in charge of that CTT, which she occasionally lets you drive :-D
Kooser, to quote Ashton Kutcher's character "Michael Kelso", as applied to EnigmaWmn's reply above:

BURN !!

or for those of you who prefer the audio experience:
http://www.that70sshow.com/audio/Kel..._224_21-42.wav

My advice to you....... ......now, while you still have a chance

P.S. : EnigmaWmn:

Last edited by ltc; 12-06-2006 at 01:38 PM.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:48 PM
sigs
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
It's a whitebread, suburban soccer mom's wet dream... an SFV (Sport Futility Vehicle) that tells everyone "Oh, we can afford a Porsche to cart our special little crotch droppings around". .[/B][/SIZE]
The author sounds like one of those Porsche owners who give credence to the old joke about the difference between a Porsche and a porcupine.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:41 PM
mjw930
Rennlist Member

Received 378 Likes on 209 Posts

Hey, when they make the payments on my Cayenne and Boxster then I'll give a damn about what they think.

What's really amusing is most of the people there drive front engine, water cooled Porsche's. I can remember not to long ago when 924's, 944's and 928's weren't welcome at PCA events.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:34 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by mjw930
What's really amusing is most of the people there drive front engine, water cooled Porsche's.
And what's wrong with front engine water cooled Porsches, especially the 968?, which you forgot to put on your list.
Harm Lagaay, the outgoing head of design/styling at Porsche, was quoted as saying the 968 was the most beautiful Porsche he'd ever designed (just too expensive to build, wrong car at wrong time/place in company history)

I can remember not to long ago when 924's, 944's and 928's weren't welcome at PCA events.
If only they'd bring back those good old days from 'not too long ago', then Cayennes (which if memory serves correctly are front engine, water cooled....although I never opened the hood on one), would not be welcome at PCA events.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:11 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wasn't going to get involved here but what the hell. It's all about attitude. If it's your "precious little Porsche", I don't care if you drive Boxster, a Cayenne or a Twin Turbo, your manhood (or womanhood?) is seriously in question. If you bought it because you are tired of driving the sleds that other manufacturers call performance oriented vehicles, then your masculinity is in check. The Mercedes E500 Wagon that it replaced was horrible to drive. I don't hear too many people referring to those as soccer mom's cars.

Funniest thing in the world was when my wife floored the Cayenne S on our test drive and proclaimed "not bad!".

One final thing for EnigmaWmn, wouldn't this be a better avatar?
Attached Images  
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 12-07-2006, 10:26 AM
peachboy
Racer

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
One final thing for EnigmaWmn, wouldn't this be a better avatar?
I want that switch...I want that switch...
Would go well with the "MUTE" remote control.
Now all I need is a "DON'T DRIVE MY CAR" remote CONTROL button and I'll be set for life.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:56 AM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Let's pass the avatar on to the dude (?) who expressed his interest by jumping up & down.

I'll keep the PSM OFF, because as my DMV told me, it's "vulgar & offensive" and therefore won't be appearing on my plates. So, I'll continue to **** OFF all of the a-holes who have beef with women that don't stick to minivans :-D
Old 12-07-2006, 12:08 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
I'll keep the PSM OFF, because as my DMV told me, it's "vulgar & offensive" and therefore won't be appearing on my plates. So, I'll continue to **** OFF all of the a-holes who have beef with women that don't stick to minivans :-D
I find it ironic that the NY DMV finds it offensive. Maybe they can't spell?

As far as the a-holes, they don't know what they are missing. There is nothing sexier than a confident woman in a hot car!
Old 12-07-2006, 12:21 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

As far as the a-holes, they don't know what they are missing. There is nothing sexier than a confident woman in a hot car!
WORD! :-D

Old 12-07-2006, 05:46 PM
peachboy
Racer

There is nothing sexier than a confident woman in a hot car!
...Totally agreed.

My wife took my 996 to 270 Km/H on a track...and if she knew the women joke I make she'd beat me up too.....but at least she lets me keep all the extra mods on my car.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:22 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

There is nothing sexier than a confident woman in a hot car!
Actually, there is nothing sexier than a woman driving an F350HD Crew 4x4 diesel dually Cowboy Cadillac.
To quote Ms Paris Hilton......THAT'S HOT
Old 12-09-2006, 09:02 AM
mjw930
Rennlist Member

Received 378 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
And what's wrong with front engine water cooled Porsches, especially the 968?, which you forgot to put on your list.
Harm Lagaay, the outgoing head of design/styling at Porsche, was quoted as saying the 968 was the most beautiful Porsche he'd ever designed (just too expensive to build, wrong car at wrong time/place in company history)
There's absolutely nothing wrong with them. I've never had a problem with that whole series, I owned one back in '84. I was just making the point that the noises these guys are making are typical of the 911 crowd and I find it amusing that the water cooled crowd has taken up the slack in this department.

Originally Posted by ltc
If only they'd bring back those good old days from 'not too long ago', then Cayennes (which if memory serves correctly are front engine, water cooled....although I never opened the hood on one), would not be welcome at PCA events.
Case in point, at one of our club autocrosses I was talking to a group that included our club president. He was really ragging on the Cayennes and how Porsche had lost it's way (he drives a 993 and went from a Boxster to it, he races a 914). His remarks were really derogatory along the lines of he would ban them from club membership if it wasn't for the edict that PCA put down that they had to allow them. Now he doesn't know I bought a CTT, he thinks I still have the 930 and the wife has the Boxster S. She pulls up in the CTT (I was autocrossing the Boxster) and he starts back into his rant. I walk over to him and challenge him to a timed run on the autocross course, his 993 against my CTT. He says that if I can get within 10 seconds of his time he'll shut up about Cayennes.

Final results of the day:
Me - Boxster S - 55.858
Him - 993 - 57.190
Me - CTT - 59.625

Needless to say there hasn't been much trash talking lately.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:26 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Final results of the day:
Me - Boxster S - 55.858
Him - 993 - 57.190
Me - CTT - 59.625

Needless to say there hasn't been much trash talking lately.

Serves him right. I hope you never let him forget.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Man Law