Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Else's seat look like this within days of delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 01:39 PM
ChipAZ
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My seats are exactly the same color and all and there not like that.

I'd call up the sales manager and give them the "if you ever want my business again" lecture. Drive the car, enjoy it. If the seats get worse they will make for better photos to make your case.

I hate hearing when a dealership delivers a car like that and gives the run around. Especially when your a long way away.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:56 PM
hk_usp9f
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My driver's seat have similar wrinkles too.
'06 Cayenne S, Feb 06 build.

Last edited by hk_usp9f; 11-09-2006 at 12:43 PM.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:02 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 357 Likes on 158 Posts

Well.... Robert is well on his way to the Dealership. He should be there in an hour or so. They will look at the seats, take a few pictures and say "Wow, they shouldn't look like that". Then they will look at Robert and see that he is not obese so they won't be able to use that excuse.Then Robert will tell them that the seats are even worse than there were two days ago when his wife posted pictures on Rennlist. They will reply "RENNLIST"!! Once they find that out the will go INSANE and get everything fixed right away... Yes, I have a vivid imagination....

How much you want to be that ITC is right and we'll be nicely asked to bring the car back in later so the Regional PCNA Rep can see it in person? Hmm..... I think we'd tell them that they can send a flatbed to pick it up next time instead of piling up more miles.... 300 miles to the dealership ONE WAY. There are too many new Porsche's in Arkansas. Why can't we have our own Freaking dealership?

Anyway, I'm keeping a daily photo diary just in case PCNA tries to back out of this warranty deal.

Thanks Guys for all the help you're the best!

JoAnne
Old 11-08-2006, 03:18 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT
How much you want to be that ITC is right and we'll be nicely asked to bring the car back in later so the Regional PCNA Rep can see it in person?
JoAnne
Me being right? Not exactly what most forum members like to hear
For extra credit, mention my name to PCNA and enjoy their reaction

Best of luck and remember, they have to be convinced to do the right thing, be patient, it somtimes takes a while.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:41 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Actually we have a friend at PCNA and if they give us any trouble, we'll call him and then mention his name to the PCNA Technical Service Expert or what ever the heck they call him, and see what happens.....

I've read some of your posts ITC. Don't get a swollen head about it. I didn't say you were ALWAYS right. You aren't always right, but you are not always wrong either.

How's that for staying in the middle and out of trouble??

THANKS!

JoAnne
Old 11-08-2006, 04:00 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

GOOD NEWS!!!!

Just got a call from Robert in Dallas. The dealer is taking care of it with NO PROBLEM. They couldn't believe how bad it looked. They said they've replaced pads and leather before but NEVER in a brand new Cayenne. Never before at least 20,000 miles.They didn't ask any questions They've ordered the new seat bottoms and apologized that we have to drive back to get the work done and said that they will have a rental car for us because it might take a day or two. They will be keeping an eye on the shoulder bolsters as they have creases in them too and the back seat (that will never be used anyway). We are both really impressed again with Boardwalk Porsche. Now if they would just open one in Little Rock.....

Cool................

JoAnne
Old 11-08-2006, 08:22 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts

Glad to see Boardwalk took care of you. They are great to deal with and I have sent many friends to them for Porsche and Audi.

Crossing fingers the new seats look good
Old 11-08-2006, 09:15 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Scott C
Crossing fingers the new seats look good

If they don't they will just have to do them again and again until they get them right! I have faith in Boardwalk. They worked on our 993's and we were always very happy.

JoAnne
Old 11-13-2006, 07:20 AM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i like to hear stuff like this... maybe my next car will be a porsche afterall...
Old 11-13-2006, 10:17 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT

I've read some of your posts ITC. Don't get a swollen head about it. I didn't say you were ALWAYS right. You aren't always right, but you are not always wrong either.
How's that for staying in the middle and out of trouble??
THANKS!
JoAnne
Oh come on, I'm batting way better than .500
If I had any feelings, they'd be hurt right about now.

Guess there's nothing left to do but keep my 'not always right, not always wrong' opinions to myself and leave you all at the mercy of PCNA.
Best of luck.

Old 11-14-2006, 03:28 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by ltc
Oh come on, I'm batting way better than .500

Ah come on, You have feelings, we all have feelings.....

I was talking about ME staying in the Middle, not you! I don't want you to be in the middle. I like you exactly where you are!

I enjoy your posts and actually learn something from you. Am I supposed to be admitting that around here or not??

JoAnne

Quick Reply: Anyone Else's seat look like this within days of delivery?