Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many speeding tickets have you gotten in your Cayenne?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 01:24 AM
seedvila
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many speeding tickets have you gotten in your Cayenne?

Wormed my way out of a ticket today - 86 in a 55. About another half mile and it would have been in a construction zone as well, which would double the penalty and probably would have influenced the officer's decision to write the ticket. The Porsche god was smiling down on me today...
Old 10-21-2006, 03:11 AM
Ron_H
928 Barrister
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 10-21-2006, 03:03 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

What were your magic words??
Old 10-21-2006, 07:56 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Always be polite and admit to your speeding but not exaclty at what speed. "You were just enjoing the drive"...

Seems if you can't get out of the ticket at least it is greatly reduced..
Old 10-21-2006, 11:17 PM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by seedvila
Wormed my way out of a ticket today - 86 in a 55. About another half mile and it would have been in a construction zone as well, which would double the penalty and probably would have influenced the officer's decision to write the ticket. The Porsche god was smiling down on me today...

Yes, what did you say?!? No tix in the Cayenne, but the 997 is another story.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:56 AM
Ron_H
928 Barrister
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I always try to be polite and respectful, but never admit to anything. If you do, the officer's job is finished That's why he/she asks. If you don't know if the charge is legal or the violation really is a violation, how can you plea guilty? I have been stopped when the officer did not witness anything more than a Porsche driving by; when asked for how long my alleged speed was measured he said he saw me drive by in a Porsche and they all speed and thus the ticket. We worked it out later, but that has happened on more than a few occasions. Just ask when you were first observed and how he determined you were violating a law. Let him put his foot in his mouth, not the other way around. And don't volunteer any incriminating evidence against yourself. You have been accused of a crime, but NOT CONVICTED. He is not the trier of facts. Mistakes happen to accusers all the time.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:37 AM
turbo187
Advanced

0 tickets so far (a true miracle, let me tell you!)
Old 10-22-2006, 07:00 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by seedvila
Zero in Cayenne and for about 20 years in all cars---- plus accomplished with no radar/laser/etc. detectors.. My last one was stolen (broken glass driver window) in 1986 or so.. kids were young and decided (just my personal view and choice) not to purchase another one and either do the speed limit or only speed when I could see for miles or following someone else.. but never with the kids in the car... to me sends the wrong message to them... that the rules are for everyone but me or Dad thinks it's okay for me to drive recklessly and fast.
Old 10-22-2006, 12:47 PM
SnP
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

No tickets in the Cayenne - only 1 in the Boxster which was later dismissed when the officer didn't show up on the court date.

Sensible driving in urban areas combined with a detector when driving autobahn style on long trips has kept me safe so far.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:20 PM
phantomias33
Rennlist Member

My wife's had her picture taken 2 or 3 times. Only one was bad and we had to go the German police for an official "We're really sorry." trip.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:40 AM
seedvila
Instructor

No secret words or techniques available this time....The officer happened to be the ex-boyfriend of a close friend of mine. We always got along and luckily, they parted on good terms. But, in the past, I've used "I'm really sorry...." and it worked. I've only had one ticket in 17 years of driving and that was given 2 months after I got my license. It's either luck or good negotiation skills, I guess!
Old 10-23-2006, 02:53 AM
alcantara
Advanced

I usually get one ticket a year...I say to hell with it it's an expense of driving. Being a younger male of an ethnic look, it doesn't surprise me that I get pulled over often. I have one ticket in the CS but have been pulled over many times..."young asian/hispanic looking male driving an upscale SUV with 22" wheels." I've been hassled more times than I can remember, and some of my closest friends are cops...such is life.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:58 AM
seedvila
Instructor

I was not intentionally speeding. I normally drive about 10 over the speed limit. I seem to find myself going faster than I should be in the Cayenne (s) due to the fact that I don't really feel it. My previous vehicle was a VW Golf, and when I went over 50, I would definitely hear and feel it.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:54 AM
Kooser
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

K-40 Calibre Bluetooth radar detect. with laser defusers = 0 tickets so far. Saved me many times.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:09 AM
Ton
Intermediate

In Holland the state police has a contract with the authorities that they obligated to give X million tickets a year. Excuses or whatever don´t help: if they don´t get their targets the budgets are cut. My first ticket in the Cayenne (12000km) was 14 euro for a corrected 3 miles to fast. :-)

Quick Reply: How many speeding tickets have you gotten in your Cayenne?