Post your repair / warranty list here

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 11:47 AM
tiranga008
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rpm's S2
I've had my CPO 2012 V6 for all of a month. It has already required a fairly extensive body shop repair related to a water leak in the front passenger cowl. Now it is back at the dealer with a failed water pump.

All covered under warranty of course, but I'm getting a bit concerned...

42K if you were wondering.
I have the same car - had the same issue at around 42K - Water pump (not the water leak) - since then closing in on 60K.. knock on wood - trouble free. The Water pump is a known issue. Best of luck.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:10 AM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

2013 CD for 47500 miles, 0 problems.
2015 CD for 16000, 0 problems
Old 03-18-2016, 09:51 AM
mrbug
Intermediate

Closing in on 130,000 miles. 25,000 I put on in 16 months.

Failed since I have owned:
Starter, expansion tank, driveshaft support bearing, engine torque arm, led screen on instrument cluster, sunroof failed to close, radio will not take cd (sometimes just starts clicking for no reason), AC condenser drain line stopped up, seatbacks fell off and headliner has fallen.

Replaced as pm:
Water pump and thermostat.

Things that failed under PO:
Driveshaft and coolant tubes both at 90,000-95,000 miles.
Old 03-27-2016, 02:14 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 337 Posts
Default This string is extremely...

Depressing (& Helpful) too, I bought a used Cayenne S with 39,000 miles Marcj 15th, 2016. I knew it needed brakes...they were replace a few days later, brakes and rotors about $1,000. The car needs to have the display replaced, too dim. There is no power to the rear seat cigarette lighters...must be a fuse. If I had read this string before I made the purchase, well then, probably would not have made the purchase.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:43 PM
mrbug
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Martin S.
Depressing (& Helpful) too, I bought a used Cayenne S with 39,000 miles Marcj 15th, 2016. I knew it needed brakes...they were replace a few days later, brakes and rotors about $1,000. The car needs to have the display replaced, too dim. There is no power to the rear seat cigarette lighters...must be a fuse. If I had read this string before I made the purchase, well then, probably would not have made the purchase.
I'm in the process of fixing everything so I can trade it. I love it alot and enjoy driving it but tired of fixing stuff that shouldn't have to be fixed repeatedly. I will say that it has been easy to work on so far.
Old 03-31-2016, 09:39 PM
seege
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Martin S.
I bought a used Cayenne S in March as well, hope our Cayenne experiences turn out like the 911 ones... all good! Small world....CJ
Old 05-31-2016, 10:54 AM
leek
Rennlist Member

Default Additional repairs

Originally Posted by leek
Brakes twice
Tires every 20-25K
Horn under warrantee
Coolant manifold failure (only failure resulting in tow) Porsche helped on the repair cost even though technically out of warrantee
Drain lines for roof and HVAC compressor, plugged took 3 times to clear out
Cardan shaft 108K miles
Starter 108K miles
Battery 100K miles
Car runs strong hoping for another 100K
At 132000 miles had tranny rebuilt (I tow boats, sometimes over mountains)
and brakes for 3rd time. At 135000 replaced belt, water pump and thermostat. Still hoping to get to 200K miles. Took delivery 6/07.
Old 06-16-2016, 04:28 PM
wernerga3
Intermediate

just hit 33,000 miles on my 13' CS and the rear composite "aluminum look" strip on the bottom of the tailgate started bubbling really bad.

Dealer said it is a known issue and I am bringing it in tomorrow under warranty to be replaced.
Old 09-06-2016, 12:11 AM
Rod Croskery
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2004 Cayenne, 125,000 km. Shipped by train from Vancouver.

All it needed for an Ontario safety check was a pair of lower control arms. I ordered them from Amazon ($99 USD each) and put them on. 4 wheel alignment: $112 CDN.

Rear hatch struts were $68 USD each at Amazon. They worked fine.
Old 09-06-2016, 12:14 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Default I wouldn't do it again..

Our Pig S has accumulated 50,000 miles, 10,000 under our tutelage, have experienced what may other Pig S owners have:
1. Drive shaft replacement done by original owner, XX,XXX miles?
2. Cabin digital display was in failure mode when we bought it, 39,5XX miles, covered under purchased warranty, about $700 cost to warranty company,
3. Brakes AND rotors at 41,000 miles, most likely not the originals, and of course, quite conveniently, and most expensively, the coolant pipes failed at the same time. $1,800 to replace...or thereabouts. Not covered under warranty.
4. Right side mirror glass just fell out one day at 45,000 miles
5. Rear windscreen wiper simply fell out the other day. Need to pick up it's replacement.
6. The ride is very sporty, so much as to motivate me to write, "Didn't really notice it on the too brief initial purchase test ride at 39,5XX miles, but this Pig S does indeed rides like a truck, like a SUV, like a Cross Over... Our Pig S does not have the air suspension, its pretty bare boned. This may or may not be the rough ride problem.

The biggest consolations to all the repair issues, it's a 10 year old car that looks brand new, it hauls ***, and the interior is comfy. Nice sun roof and the brakes work very, very well. I also like the idea that it is a big heavy pig, about 5,000 Lbs as I recall, about the same weight as my 2006 Tundra. BTW, the Tundra ride is more comfortable, according to my wife. I don't argue with her.

Over the past 6 months, our Pig S has nickel and dimed me to an extent I never imagined. I know, it's a 10 year old used car, but it looks new so wifey and I expected it to behave as a new car, or at least as a low mileage used car which it was. Performance wise, on a freeway off ramp, very quick. When its time to pass another car, great experience. I also like the stock exhaust note.

What I compare the Pig S to, is a 2004 Prius with 245,000 miles, the Prius has had close to 0 failures and getting 38 mpg on crap gas. The front windshield washer is out I'd be willing to trade off some of the Pig S's performance for enhanced reliability.

In my had, I also compare the Pog S to my 2006 Toyota Tundra, same case as the Tundra at 165,000 miles. It purrs like a kitten. But it's passenger side air bag is ready to explode any day no and scatter shrapnel throughout the cab.

BTW, the reason we bought used...other than having to support a 97 Carrera Race/Time Trial car that lives in an enclosed ATC aluminum trailer, we live at the end of a 2 mile dirt road, a wee bit on the bumpy side, hence we concluded that a new car was out of the question. Next car will not be a Pig...that's 100% certain. Toyota Highlander...that's where we are...gave the Pig S a try, just too expensive to maintain IMHO, compared to something similar like the Toyota Highlander. I just can't roll the dice on another used Pig S, and I don't want to spend the money on a new one.

So in conclusion, the "ride" so far with the Pig S has been OK. Having owned 4 911 cars, just OK is something I never expected in a car from Porsche AG. Maybe things will sort out? But I don't expect this to happen anytime soon and kick myself in the *** for not having read this string prior to buying the car...it was a limited opportunity, 2006, great cosmetic shape, leather interior, and several other interested buyers. I puled the trigger and in the process, may have shot myself in the foot. But at least I am still laughing about it, NOT.
Old 09-07-2016, 09:45 AM
Rod Croskery
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Yosek
Hi everyone,

I've read through many of the reply's to this thread, and I have a general idea on what to expect with the Cayenne. By all accounts here on the Renlist, PCA tech forum, and countless internet reviews, it seem unanimous that 2003-2004 Cayenne's are the ones to stay clear of.

I'm itching at getting a Cayenne, but here in lays my quandary. I live in an area where I am 12 hours from the nearest Porsche dealer. There's a VW dealer 4 hours from me, but they say they wouldn't be able to diagnose anything if there was a fault. They remarked that they may be able to do small services, brakes, oil change ect.

Would it safe for me to get an '08 Cayenne and plan to make the trek to the BIG City for scheduled maintenance? Though it would be more money up front, it seems for my situation, newer would be the best plan of action being that I'm so far away from the dealers. My only other option would be a Touareg, or a new 4Runner. My town has a Toyota dealer.

Bottom line is, I don't want to be stuck 12 hours away from the dealer with a broken down vehicle, should it happen. I'm currently a Porsche owner, and am well aware that any vehicle, Porsche or not, will need maintenance. I'm just hoping that Porsche has remedied all major quality and repair issues with the 2nd gen of the Cayenne.

Any words of wisdom will be muchly appreciated. Thanks
If you are a long way from a dealer, Toyota is the brand to have. Buy the 4Runner. I put 400,000 km on one and only had it back to the dealer for a single recall.
Old 09-07-2016, 12:39 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rod Croskery
If you are a long way from a dealer, Toyota is the brand to have. Buy the 4Runner. I put 400,000 km on one and only had it back to the dealer for a single recall.
I have put about 230,000 KM on my 2006 Toyota Tundra. I am on my 3rd set of brake pads, + the usual maintenance stuff. Nothing else to speak of. The repairs file is pretty thin.

The 4.7 V8 motor is sourced from a Lexus. Maybe that's why it purrs like a kitten and accelerates very well for a 4WD, 2,200 KG, more or less...still gets good mileage. I love this beast!

Get a Highlander, and when you eventually move to BC or Toronto some day, then get a Cayenne S. Car breaks, just have it flat bedded to the dealer...you then Uber off to your destination.

Based on my read of the Cayenne Maintenance & Repair string, one can safely assume that reliability on the Cayenne, may just be a crap shoot. Some people get lucky, most others aren't. At least that's my take away...and if you still need one, I'll sell you mine...all the known "soft spots" have been replaced such as drive shaft, cooling pipes, LED display...misc items falling off such as the passenger side mirror, the rear windshield wiper blade and have new tires, brakes and rotors.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:36 PM
Philip Goughary
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

2016 Cayenne Turbo

1,800 miles - headlight washer sprayer pop-out covers ripped free from the bumper cover and are free floating inside the bumper cover assembly. Mounting assembly being replaced under warrantee.

Passenger side headlight sprayer housing. Notice the blue plastic sticker-like material behind it that's torn free from the inside of the bumper cover

Close up of the same (forgive grainy image)

Last edited by Philip Goughary; 10-09-2016 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Added Pictures
Old 10-06-2016, 12:46 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,167 Posts

Interesting comments lately

All I can say is I miss the 14 GTS it was a great ride but we still have the 04 turbo and it has been one of the most reliable and least expensive cars I have ever owned.

And everyone laughed when Porsche introduced these.
Old 10-13-2016, 11:27 PM
loxner

I bought my 2008 Cayenne S in October 2014 at 55,000 miles. 2 years later it is at 96,000 miles. So far it has only needed the following:
New tires (1 set)
Brake pads F&R
Starter
Battery
Oil pressure sending unit

Overall, this thing has been absolutely bulletproof and is by far my favorite daily driver I have owned. The only thing I would even consider trading it for at this point is a newer Cayenne. I am hooked on these cars

Quick Reply: Post your repair / warranty list here