Sponsored by:

Unexpected Sighting

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 05:21 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Unexpected Sighting

I just had a shock sighting of a Titanium S in Jarrow, South Tyneside in the UK. Driving my mom's compact to the store it sailed around a roundabout at 8 this morning.

Now these cars are getting to common. Mind you the number of X models here is astonishing,

For those of you who don't know this geography we are talking old industrial northern eurpoean.

AND, what a shocker, its raining hard and 55.

Back home Monday, can't wait.

Old 08-18-2006, 09:13 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Hmmn, Cayenne ownership causes our Moderator (and day care provider for folks like 'me' and 'Larry') to flee the country.

Have a safe trip
Old 08-18-2006, 02:42 PM
momoC4S
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ltc -

Your care givers need a break from you and your "friends" every once in awhile!!;-)

BTW, doesn't the koolaid come from Europe? Maybe our Moderator is picking up some more? I heard that Porsche owns a large % of that koolaid company. They bought into the koolaid company after a wacky engineer stated that that was the only way that he could deal with Cayenne quirks...just a rumor that I heard!;-)

Morgan
Old 08-19-2006, 02:53 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Actually its one of the lakes of over production caused by the common agricultural policy in the EEC, you can actually swim in it although the long term effects of the skin color change are unknown, but the purplesaurus make for an interesting talking point.

By the way the count is now 3 (titanium 1,Black 2), I am shocked
Old 08-20-2006, 12:54 AM
ChipAZ
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a sighting report of a Titanium S, there is one in my garage. They told me it was first one on the West coast, but I think that's a bunch of BS.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:19 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mudman2
I just had a shock sighting of a Titanium S in Jarrow, South Tyneside in the UK. Driving my mom's compact to the store it sailed around a roundabout at 8 this morning. Now these cars are getting to common. Mind you the number of X models here is astonishing, For those of you who don't know this geography we are talking old industrial northern eurpoean. AND, what a shocker, its raining hard and 55. Back home Monday, can't wait.
Global warming hits UK.. 55 and raining in August! HEAT WAVE. Apparently the Brits are in love with Porsche.. plus as someone posted on my thread about the number of Cayennes in London.. they pointed out that there are lot of high income folks in London and the Brits love their cars almost as much as Americans. Travel Safe.. NO LIQUIDS in the security line on the flight back!!
Old 08-20-2006, 02:45 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

I found a great way of dealing with the liquids, lucky I am not coming home at 5000ft, the vibration would have bad effect.

London I expect to have a high population of Cayenne but ''up north" is another thing.
Old 08-20-2006, 03:30 PM
ChipAZ
Pro

It's interesting that you see a lot of Cayenne's in the UK as opposed to other SUV's that don't get under 20 mpg.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:53 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

I agree and what makes it even more strange is the fact that over the last 5 years most cars shrank in the rain and would fit one on each foot now, (due to changes in the road tax law which reduces your road fund licence based on your cars footprint). The Rangees and the Cayenne and X5 all look huge where I am (just South of Scotland, East Coast).
Old 08-22-2006, 05:32 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ChipAZ
It's interesting that you see a lot of Cayenne's in the UK as opposed to other SUV's that don't get under 20 mpg.
I saw so many and finally asked the driver about it.. He said Brits love Porsche.. In London, it was almost to the point that every time you turned down another street .. bingo! another Cayenne. Thankfully, not too many here still although I see more V6's now than S or TT.

Quick Reply: Unexpected Sighting