Sponsored by:

Offical name for CLUNK is THUMP ... long post

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 01:11 AM
Budget M3
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
That's because the next thing you're going to need is a complete transmission replacement. FWIW, they don't service these, they just send them to PAG (and then back to Aisin) and you get a new (actually remanufactured) transmission.
BTW, they do the same thing with engines....hardly anyone gets a 'new' crate engine, it's normally just a remanufactured engine.
Ahhhh, that makes me feel much better...thx! (how's that for translating my sarcasm into typing)

Originally Posted by ltc
Transmission change from Tip to Manual is virtually impossible in a finished car.
Yeah...no surprise there...I was just venting. Serves me right for making the Cayenne my first slushbox in 25 years.

Originally Posted by ltc

I'm not a curmudgeon, it's just that sarcastic humor doesn't translate well into typing. In person it comes across much better.
I don't seek out attention, trust me. Most of my time at work is spent locked away in a secure office, no windows, no other people. However, I can make people laugh so hard they will pee themselves. Yes, I'm a complex person
I know that now....again, just venting a bit...thanks for listening...you are now returned to your regularly scheduled programming...

BTW and for the record, I will admit to the occasional chuckle and while reading your posts, but I have NEVER peed myself. Be thankful if complexity is your only major issue...if you owned a Cayenne, life would be even more complex....
Old 08-18-2006, 09:10 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Budget M3
BTW and for the record, I will admit to the occasional chuckle and while reading your posts, but I have NEVER peed myself. Be thankful if complexity is your only major issue...if you owned a Cayenne, life would be even more complex....
I never owned a Cayenne....NEVER......Larry was the one who HAD to buy it.
I told him NO, but did he listen?

Quick Reply: Offical name for CLUNK is THUMP ... long post