Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Serious question for the CS gurus.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 08:12 PM
Sasquatch
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sure it will wear tires, but at a slower rate than driving it. When I travel in the RV I like having my nice car with me when we are at our destination. Trailers are simply a pain to deal with while RVing.

Porsche built an SUV so I am going to use it as such. I want to be the first in my area to intentially get it dirty off road exploring as well. I bet the pepper will do just fine...
Old 05-14-2006, 08:22 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Sasquatch

Porsche built an SUV so I am going to use it as such. I want to be the first in my area to intentially get it dirty off road exploring as well. I bet the pepper will do just fine...

Does pretty good in the mud, too.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:10 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Sasquatch
True. I work for my father and together we run an engineering company that designs computer systems for high end motorhomes. We have 2 EEs and 3 Software engineers. My father and I are both MEs. Now the fun part. He and I are avid car nuts and both have been racing since we were kids. We have a full machine shop here just to feed our addiction. So between our employees and us, we ought to make something work.
The work to disconnect the drive train may be more work than running the CS off a trailer.

It sounds like you have a lot of capability. But you may find the more your team knows the less they know. Even the PAG engineers (who designed them) have had problems with the electronics, and then you have the Asic transmission engineers who designed the "throwaway" transmission.

You have to ask yourself Do i want to prove we're a great engineering team or do I just want to get the truck to the trailer park.

Just my .02
Old 05-14-2006, 11:26 PM
Sasquatch
Instructor

Originally Posted by Torags
The work to disconnect the drive train may be more work than running the CS off a trailer.
If it is that difficult, we will not do it.

It sounds like you have a lot of capability. But you may find the more your team knows the less they know. Even the PAG engineers (who designed them) have had problems with the electronics, and then you have the Asic transmission engineers who designed the "throwaway" transmission.
Problems with the transmissions already showing up? Have not heard that, but I am not yet "wise in the ways of the pepper".

You have to ask yourself Do i want to prove we're a great engineering team or do I just want to get the truck to the trailer park.
Just my .02
Both. I also want my cake and eat it too. And the "trailer park" you mentioned is populated with "trailers" starting at about $250k going up to well over a million.... (Yes, I know you were just poking fun..)

We may find that it is truly impossible with what we have at hand. But we like challenges and are definatly up to the task. We have a great engineering team and we love to have fun with projects like this.

Quick Reply: Serious question for the CS gurus.