Sponsored by:

Aluminum trim

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 07:29 PM
Zin
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Aluminum trim

What do you use to clean the aluminum trim, mainly around the shifter? Or how about the aluminum trim on the outside near the rear windows? I don't want to use something that may damage it (aluminum polish....)
Old 04-09-2006, 09:13 PM
Kooser
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A dremel works great for me!

I have never really abused the inside with much of anything so heavy duty cleaning was never necessary for me. I would avoid amonia based cleaners

A TV screen cleaning kit by Monster works well or any good eyeglass spray cleaner and scratch free cloth.. These can also be used on the PCM Nav display and the instrument cluster faces. They work great for me and easily remove smudges, fingerprints, grease etc. If they are delicate enough for eyeglasses that have protective films applied or plasma/LCD screens than they certainly won't damage the finish on the aluminum or anti-glare coating on the guages and PCM display, heat and cooling display, etc.
Old 04-10-2006, 07:54 AM
Zin
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kooser,
Thanks! I have the Monster Screen Clean too. Works great on my plasma, I never thought of using it on the aluminum trim! Thanks for the suggestion.

Quick Reply: Aluminum trim