Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CD/DVD NAV Form Letter to PCNA HQ on authorizing NavTeq to update.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 08:37 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Anyone got a status update

Bad Larry, Bad.....
Old 08-25-2006, 09:48 PM
droptop
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

for the dvd guys there is an update. here is a edited version of a couple of posts i made on the other site.

well, after giving the local porsche dealership a week to research it, and another week to get the thing in and to me, i have my dvd nav upgrade. only problem is, it came in TWO dvds, one for the nav info and the other is a PCM upgrade. the funny thing is that the enclosed flier says "system cd's are not meant for the customer. only the dealer is authorized to install the new software. installation instructions are available in Tls (b79125, c79135, cy9095)

well, after some work, i finally figured out that one of the discs WASN'T a dvd. so after putting the nav dvd in the dvd player and the upgrade CD in the cd player, and a little bit of fiddling, i got everything to upgrade properly.

nav data was a pleasant surprise, while it isn't updated to late 2005 as advertised, it does have the roads of NW ARK on board, down to my driveway (which on county maps and street atlas is listed as an unnamed county road). the POI listing seems to be more complete and easier to use, although still has some very odd gaps.

as an additional update, the nav system appears to have some rather odd quirks as far as routing goes. i was headed to an address, missed the turn, noticed on the map that there was a road going through a neighborhood that would take me directly to the address, and turned. for the entire (1mile) trip through the neighborhood, the nav was trying to get me to turn around, even though the road through the neighborhood was on the map. this resulted in a very funny looking map indicator, which at one point was showing a path in a complete circle. the nav refused to realize my route was possible until i turned out on the major road on the other side of the neighborhood, where it cheerily said "you have arrived at your destination".

while these sort of software artifacts are to be expected, i have noticed that the nav system seems to have a predilection for odd routings, probably due to the weighting various roads are given.

worth the 200 bucks in my opinion.

dt
Old 07-02-2012, 12:10 PM
Musclehedz101
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I realize this is an old post but just curious if anyone has ever tried using a current NAVTEQ Map Data DVD meant for another vehicle such as a VW?

Quick Reply: CD/DVD NAV Form Letter to PCNA HQ on authorizing NavTeq to update.