Sponsored by:

Rear Rattle-- Follow Up

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 06:26 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Rattle-- Follow Up

A few weeks back I complained about a rattle which seemed to be coming from the rear hatch. Dealer seems to have solved the problem. They advised me that the rattles and squeeks are coming from the cover for the luggae compartment. Apparently, when the cover is rolled up, the flap bounces around and causes all sorts of noises. The tech pulled out the cover and snapped it in place (as you would to conceal luggage) and the squeeks and rattles seem to have gone away. The tech said that the noises are worse in cold weather.

I'd prefer to have the cover rolled up, but I can't take the rattles, and I am more than a little disaapointed that they didn't design this properly (i.e. to be quiet which in "stowed" position), but I suppose I will just live with it, or take that whole luggae cover/cargo net system out altogether.

I should add that I am relieved that it is not the rear hatch, because in past experience those noises seem chronic and recurring. (The tech did say that because of accoustics, the cargo cover rattle sounds like it is coming from the hatch).

Quick Reply: Rear Rattle-- Follow Up