Sponsored by:

My Recent DIY Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 08:22 PM
buckeyedoc
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Recent DIY Upgrades

Had a week off over the holidays and spent a lot of time on my Cayenne doing these things: Dark wood int trim kit, PCM2 retrofit kit, Sirius install w/ hardwire ant. connection to PCM2, Handsfree Cell phone. Everything works perfect (not bragging... just proud) so if anyone needs guidance let me know. Thanks Mudman, I've used your photos and direction a lot!!!!!

I hard-wired the Sirius antenna (from Starbase kit) to the PCM2 (just installed) and mounted the receiver on the center console ashtray cover with all wires concealed.

I've also DIY'ed: lighted sills(sweet!), Park Assist(aftermarket), mud flaps(painted body color), side protectors, roof rails, hardwired V1 detector, LED parking lights in front, instrument cluster switch-out for CayenneS model(aluminum rings), dark wood gear selector change-out, and Fabspeed bypass(V6) which I later removed and replaced with original cat.(too rackety, Ricer-like for me ). It's for sale... along with a perfectly good CDR23 radio, and all the original aluminum look interior trim(perfect shape).

I've got base Cayenne 17" wheels with good Dunlop GrandTreks mounted available for free if you'll just pay to have them shipped to you. Also new factory mud flap front and rear kit I didn't use. I've got to get this stuff out of my garage!! If you want anything, or pics of anything drop me a line or comment on this post...just lovin' my Cayenne!!!
Old 12-31-2005, 08:33 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 965 Likes on 589 Posts

What year is your Cayenne? I'd love to retrofit Sirius to my late '04 S with PCM (missed factory sat radio by one month!) but don't have the sat button... probably not possible cleanlly...
Old 12-31-2005, 09:29 PM
buckeyedoc
Intermediate

Default It's easy...

I have an '04 Cayenne... There still is no way for direct satellite audio input to the CDR23 or PCM2...use an FM modulator(included with the Starbase kit) with both Euro antenna adapters (EU10 and EU20) between the radio antenna line and the antenna port on the back of the PCM unit (piggy-backing). They're available at Car Toys/ Circuit City...etc. This is a "hardwire" modulation via FM of Sirius to the back of the radio/PCM vs. "wireless" which isn't as good . To me, the sound is just as good as my Sirius Ready Escalade Bose system.
Old 12-31-2005, 11:30 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Cool buckeyedoc, lets have some pictures, sounds sweet !
Old 12-31-2005, 11:49 PM
buckeyedoc
Intermediate

Just gotta git my friggin' digital camera workin'...
Old 01-01-2006, 12:55 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

they lied
Old 01-01-2006, 12:32 PM
buckeyedoc
Intermediate

Yea...they just didn't want to spend the time and effort of removing the radio and doing it right. THat's too bad...you can still do it easily.
Old 01-01-2006, 08:56 PM
huskydog
Addict
Rennlist Member

What aluminum trim pieces do you have?
Old 01-01-2006, 09:56 PM
buckeyedoc
Intermediate

all of the interior pieces including doors, dash, console(around shifter)
Old 01-01-2006, 11:51 PM
gjb
Addict
Rennlist Member

Please check your PM regarding remaining items,

Many thanks,
Grant
Old 01-04-2006, 01:28 AM
Porschenator
Intermediate

Default Help!

Saw the post, and your many talents, would love to learn all the tricks to get done what you've done on my 05 CS.

Many thanks,

KTrout
Old 01-04-2006, 05:02 PM
buckeyedoc
Intermediate

OK...I had to order a new digital camera...the old Kodak is on the fritz...so this weekend I'll get some pics in this forum. My Sirius Starbase tuner is mounted on the front center console ashtray door...no visible wires and no external mounts...I'll show you in my pics. I don't smoke so I removed the lighter socket from the ashtray drawer which left access and room to run the wire harness from the tuner up under middle console to the receiver mounted(velcro) under the pass. seat. I removed the utility drawer from under the passenger seat, salvaged the drawer face and have it attached with velcro...luv the stuff...as a false front. My Sirius receiver and hansdfree module are under the pass.seat. I've had many kind e-mails...thanks!!

Quick Reply: My Recent DIY Upgrades