Sponsored by:

i need some opionins

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 02:01 PM
bigdog
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need some opionins

whassup guys ,,,,i'm thinking about trading in my 04 cs ,,i was thinking maybe 07 ctt or maybe the new range rover supercharged both start out at 90k but it seems like that range rover has more standard options but the rr has 400 and the ctt has 450,,, i don't know what to do ,,,,i wanted to hear ur pros/cons about both trucks ,,thanks guys
Old 12-23-2005, 02:31 PM
Harbormaster
Instructor

If power and handling are your primary interests.......as opposed to real off roading......then only the CT will make you happy. I own a 2004 CT and have recently driven both the super charged Range Rover and the Land Rover Sport and can tell you they are just not in the same league as the CT. Try them for yourself.......the choice will be obvious.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:05 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Well you might want to consider this. You can no longer order the TT at 450hp, it has been or is being deleted. The TT S is now the one you would order for 07 model year. It will have 510hp or something close to it.

If you want gismo's get the RR if you want a beast get the Cayenne.
Old 12-24-2005, 03:28 AM
moto one
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As an owner of a Range Rover, and not for long, The reason Im not moving up to the RRSC, is that they are having electrical problelms that are in the Lucas tradition, along with front diff that with no warrning just self distruct, leaving you stuck, or crashed if it locks the front wheels at speed on slick roads. (mine had been thru this twice in 20K) On the other hand you will enjoy a great long distant driver, with some nice more up-to-date goodies not found on the CTTs. No it's not as sporty/fast as the CTT, it is very strong , and I stil do not thing anyone has a better int . Ford seems to have improved over the early MK3s in some ways yet still keeping the flavor of the RRs lux in tac. There is the bank valt feel of the RR that I have not seen in any other SUV. And after reading post here both owner are very loyal to a point. I was hoping to find out that the Porsche C, had better better product reliability, but I'm not getting that feeling. It, like the RR, are great trucks/cars but maybe they have not been, and may never be able to give the long term trouble free ownership for the price we payed, and they shoud be.

and I so wanted a CT...

Mark.
Old 12-24-2005, 06:56 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

I drove the Range Rover HSE and the Sport, All i can say is I prefer the HSE, but again the Range Rover SC is even slower than a Cayenne S. Since I can only have one car , I prefer the whole package Cayenne Turbo, so fast, grat handling and off road capable. I just had my ECU flashed with GIAC . I have a Dyno scheduled early January and see what the Filters, GIAC and bypass pipes give. If I have a 911 to drive I will prob consider a RR sport..
Old 12-24-2005, 06:58 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Get the Cayenne....why not.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:59 PM
MeanMachine
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cayenne my parents have the rr hse its not stable in high speed
i corner really fast in the cayenne and i feel safe
i cant do alot of hard turns in the range
Old 12-25-2005, 02:49 PM
T2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 213 Likes on 54 Posts

Love my C-TT but have never driven a RR
Old 12-25-2005, 06:33 PM
bigdog
Advanced

so i have to go drive the rrsc and then i will make my decision , i want the ctt but we'll see what happens

Quick Reply: i need some opionins