** A Rennlist Friend Could Use Our Help **

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 01:39 PM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 98 Likes on 66 Posts
Default ** A Rennlist Friend Could Use Our Help **

If you drop by the Off Topic (OT) forum on occasion, you may be aware of the unfortunate health challenges that our friend Julie (Devia) is experiencing lately. The costs associated with the lengthy diagnosis and treatments, coupled with the debilitating effects that have severely limited her ability to earn an income, have hit our friend with a one-two punch.

Julie's Challenge

Several concerned folks have asked if there is something we can do to help her.

The answer is, yes there is.

I'd like to encourage the Rennlist community to help Julie by making a contribution via her PayPal account. The funds will be used to extend her medical insurance coverage so that she may continue diagnosis, physical therapy and treatments.

Please send what you can - every little bit will help. The Rennlist community has shown time and again that we really do care about our fellow Porsche enthusiasts. Let's do it again.

If you would like to help, please PayPal directly to Julie at: cimmerius@mac.com

I'm in.

Here's the link to the original post in Off Topic - feel free to post there so Julie will see your well-wishes:

https://rennlist.com/forums/off-topic/182179-a-rennlist-friend-could-use-our-help.html

Julie in easier times:

Old 02-03-2005, 07:50 AM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Thank you

To all who are helping me: I thank you all from the bottom of my heart!

I really do appreciate what you all are doing for me, it is keeping my much needed Physical Therapy, Myofascial Release, Electro stem, and Chiropractic therapy going. THANK YOU!

I did have a Lipoma removed on 1/31/05, Monday. It was on the front of my right shoulder, on the top, and I’d felt like the hunchback of Notre Dame for a year. They did a biopsy, but I’m confident it’s benign. I now have two normal looking shoulders, and I am relieved for this small thing, it means much to me to at least look normal.

Why there is a current problem: COBRA is $970 per month. THAT'S why I'm in such a predicament. My friend has a company with a group insurance plan, same Cigna ins, but it was knocked down to only $900, with too many questions.

Cameron and I are both unemployed, the economy is in bad shape out here. He's been unemployed since October, but they gave him generous parting benefits. We didn't realize how hefty COBRA would be, because we were paying only $75 per month out of pocket, while he was employed.

As for me being insurable, the whole issue is the Fibromyalgia. I have been hunting for other insurance the whole month of January, and have discovered it's only covered currently under GROUP insurance, PERIOD. That means I have to use my dba, "Azrael Studios" and may have to incorporate it, just to have decent insurance costs per month. I am now comparing Blue Cross to Cigna. Fibromaylgia is a Chronic Illness like Asthma, which I also have; they MUST cover it, but can charge through the nose for it.

I did send in an envelope full of stuff to fight for my unemployment, in appeals. Maybe I will win.

- Julie
Old 02-10-2005, 01:54 PM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 98 Likes on 66 Posts

Much thanks to all who helped Julie out with a donation.

May your generosity and kindness be returned to you tenfold.

Quick Reply: ** A Rennlist Friend Could Use Our Help **