Grandmother in a pepper?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 03:43 AM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grandmother in a pepper?!

OK guys, this is going to be a little bit odd, but please bear with me here. I'm trying to get my grandmother into a base Cayenne in the next few weeks.

My grandmother has just signed a contract to sell her current house, another to buy a new house, and is now left with an old Ford, and a decent sum of money. She says she liked the Jeep Liberty because of its easy ingress/egress (ok ok, so she didn't use those exact words). Anyways, I told her that she might consider the Cayenne. It didn't have a roll-over problem like the Liberty did in one magazine test. The base with standard equiptment is far nicer than a fully-loaded Liberty, and she might as well treat herself. The Cayenne is easy to maneuver, and does well in the worst of weather. I went on... that's not the point though.

I'm trying to look around for a slightly used base Cayenne for a reasonable price, but it sure is managing to be a PITA. So I'm hoping my fellow Rennlisters could help me out with how much they paid for their base peppers (as well as any related info/stories). I'm trying to figure out about how much we could pick up a nearly option-free, new base Cayenne for in the DC area. Sticker is $45ish, but is it possible in mid-December to get 5 grand knocked off at this level??

I'm just thinking aloud. I'm going to swing by HBL and Porsche of Arlington in about 10 days or so to chat with the reps there. Here's hoping I can bring another p-car into the family
Old 12-07-2004, 04:05 AM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Mine is an '04 paid 42K new, msrp was 47K, i have the moonroof, cd changer option. I dont know if they give this much discounts on '05's but if you see an '04 it's definitely at least 5-6K off, good luck...
Old 12-07-2004, 08:00 AM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

I have a couple of certified S models in that price range. I also have a couple of 6's that sticker for 48ish...ill be in the office on wednesday, give me a call...
Old 12-07-2004, 11:43 AM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Don't buy new. Buy used and broken in. Driving this car like a grandmother, won't break in (seat the rings) the motor & result in high oil consumption. And you know how grandmothers can whine.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:05 PM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Torags
Don't buy new. Buy used and broken in. Driving this car like a grandmother, won't break in (seat the rings) the motor & result in high oil consumption. And you know how grandmothers can whine.
I'm well aware! I would be driving it much of the first couple hundred miles and occassionally there after.

Alfie, when I get the chance to, I certainly will!
Old 12-09-2004, 01:57 AM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

Oh man... I'm going to go visit my brother and his wife with the family for new years... would this road trip be a good way to break it in or what!

Alfie... do you have a way to get cars down in northern VA pretty easily?
Old 12-09-2004, 09:17 AM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

I'd probably use rennlist sponsor Intercity lines. As a side note, my oldest Cayenne S customer turns 85 next month. She traded in her Boxster because there wasn't enough room to carry her dog as well....

Quick Reply: Grandmother in a pepper?!