Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shelby Expedition

http://money.cnn.com/2004/11/05/pf/a..._suv/index.htm
Old 12-03-2004, 08:44 AM
JARO
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmmm...looks like you are looking for a Ford forum...a little lost I guess...posting a Ford article...what a shame for this forum...
Old 12-03-2004, 09:49 AM
ML
Instructor

Looks like a Saturn.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:18 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,300 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Sorry $100k and still looks like a Ford. For $100k I would go CT with the 500HP upgrade.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:42 AM
Sobe
Pro

hmmm...looks like you are looking for a Ford forum...a little lost I guess...posting a Ford article...what a shame for this forum...
Shelby which makes Mustang sports cars now make a Shelby Explorer SUV ,, Like Porsche which makes 911 sports cars now makes a Cayenne SUV .. I guess sports car makers are loosing some of their business to the SUV market and must diversify to SUV's ..... will Ferrari and Lamborgini etc be next to introduce SUV .. Even even luxury car makers like Continental , Cadillac and Mercedes have SUV ..
Old 12-03-2004, 11:02 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,300 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Originally Posted by Sobe
Shelby which makes Mustang sports cars now make a Shelby Explorer SUV ,, Like Porsche which makes 911 sports cars now makes a Cayenne SUV .. I guess sports car makers are loosing some of their business to the SUV market and must diversify to SUV's ..... will Ferrari and Lamborgini etc be next to introduce SUV .. Even even luxury car makers like Continental , Cadillac and Mercedes have SUV ..

If you read why Porsche decided to move over to the SUV market, one of the primary reasons was the sports car market drying up in conjunction with BMW, Mercedes, Ford etc flooding the market with high powered sports cars/sedans. The SUV is still the fastest growing and most profitable new sector open to make a big impact in and it appears their decision, although contrary to the sports cars enthusiasts dream, is paying off for Porsche. I think they hit upon something with the high powered great handling SUV which redefined the market form the days of the old Jeep pill boxes. Which I shamefully admit I was one of the first to jump on the wagon with back in 84.

As so many of us love our sports cars, an SUV is more practical and necessary at times why not have power handling and room all in one. It looks like a truck but handles and accelerates like a sports car so what is it? It's a Porsche There is no substitute.
Old 12-03-2004, 11:27 AM
Sobe
Pro

As so many of us love our sports cars, an SUV is more practical and necessary at times why not have power handling and room all in one
I think you are right for a lot of people who now have kids etc . and would love a 911 TT or a 997 ... well .. like you said it is just not practical ... with a Cayenne they can at least still own a Porsche . But lets face it how does 500HP really help a SUV ... I can understand that kind of power on a sports car but I do not really get it on a SUV , I mean when I go to the track I still do not see a lot of SUVs ... an SUV does not lend itself to high performance street driving . Just like a sports car is not really made for off road . I do know that the Cayenne has help Porsche make money again so they can stay in the sports car market . All those 997 owners should be grateful for the people buying Porsche SUV's it has probably been responsible for paying for a lot of R & D on the 997 .
Old 12-03-2004, 12:37 PM
Truble10
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 92 Posts

Sobe,
I thought the same thing until I drove a Cayenne TT. Now I own one. Go drive one and I bet you will change your mind. The Cayenne does not drive like an SUV. I also have a 02 996 TT and the Cayenne makes me smile every time I drive it.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:45 PM
Moogle
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hahaha, another case of ford plundering their pathetic history for a measely scrap of dignity, and ruining it along the way.
Old 12-03-2004, 03:28 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I am closing this thread, I hate trolls

Quick Reply: Shelby Expedition