Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pictures of my new Cayenne Turbo!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 10:38 PM
ljugete
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tim, You must also add a Rennline SS Dead Pedal (ask them @ rennline.com to delete their logo and it will look OEM IMHO)! SpockKat, (Rennlist member- look for him in the archives) also sells a matching (very OEM looking) SS E-Break Pedal that completes the set (very sharp)!

I also plan to get the OEM SS front cover (under bumper) and a set of lighted Cayenne logo door threshold plates (I recommend you call Sunset Porsche in OR for the best prices (i.e., Dealer cost + 15% + Shipping for rennlist and PCA members)!

A Sirius satelite unit is also on my list later down the road.

P.S.: I almost bought a CS in the same color as yours but was concerned about stains, etc,... I therefore got a Crystal Silver Metalic with full leather Charcoal interior. The mats will definitely help!

ENJOY!!!
Old 11-07-2004, 12:57 AM
HotpepperS
4th Gear

Great pics! Very nice Turbo! My 04S has the same color combination which looks very classy and after 16 months of ownership I have never regreted ordering this combination, although I was a bit nervous ordering these colors having never seen them in person, actually have to thank my wife for helping me decide on the Havana interior, it was a no brainer since she is Cuban. You will find that the Jarama exterior actually shows very little dirt even after one week since being washed, however I would reccommend you use Lexol leather cleaner and conditioner regularly on the interior as the beige does show dirt very easily, new blue jeans really seem leave their color on the seats. I bought the black weathertech floormats for the front and back, they hold more water and crap than the stock mats, bought the factory rubber cargo liner for the back, definitely saves the carpeting back there. I also had the four mudflaps installed, a necessity for driving in snow areas, I would recommend you go with the Dunlop WT M2 winter tires from the Tirerack, I have had them on for a couple weeks now, we have already experienced two feet of snow and they are absolutely amazing, went through half a tank of gas just ripping around in the snow climbing hills that I should not have even been near! I went through last winter with the stock Continental all season tires, they were just OK when they were new, but these Dunlops are incredible!

Enjoy your new Cayenne Turbo, I know my S is still putting a smile on my face!
Old 11-07-2004, 02:45 AM
woogiedaxel
Instructor

NICE! CONGRATS!!!!
Old 11-07-2004, 03:31 AM
jamy85
Burning Brakes

Love the color of the exterior and interior. Congratz
Old 11-07-2004, 01:37 PM
BobbyB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Beautiful!!!! Very nice pics and evaluation. Your pics are pushing me over the edge to finally make the move to the Cayenne -
Old 11-13-2004, 07:28 PM
TimC.
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cayennes are very unique!

Originally Posted by BobbyB
Beautiful!!!! Very nice pics and evaluation. Your pics are pushing me over the edge to finally make the move to the Cayenne -
Go for it BobbyB!! You wont regret it. One thing I really enjoy is the uniqueness of this vehicle....there are so many X5's on the road by me. I have driven almost 900 miles and have not seen another Cayenne Turbo...and I only saw one other V6 Cayenne. I can see people in the rear view running up on me to get a second look...thats something you don't feel very often...lets hope they keep their uniqeness !!
Old 11-13-2004, 10:27 PM
BobbyB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Working on it Tim!!! I got some really good prices on a couple of 04's today but will see what deals I can get on an 05. I think the big decision is color. This dealer had 4 colors, Sea Blue, Black, Titanium and Beige - all with black interior except for the sea blue it has gray. Black is out as it's enough work on my C4S and my BoxsterS is Seal Grey - but I'm getting closer.

Thanks for all the info
Old 11-13-2004, 10:57 PM
Tony356993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Tim,
Very nice CT. Get your winter wheels now before the price goes up and the factory approved tires become back ordered like they did last winter. Only use approved tires that can handle the weight of the Cayenne. When I took my CS out for the 1st time in a light snow before the winter tires were installed..................very lucky to be alive. Awesome pictures. What kind of camera are you using? Where about are you in Jersey? My wife is from Bergen County and we head up the pike and parkway often. I'll keep my eye out for you. Congrats again and good luck.
Tony
Old 11-14-2004, 08:38 PM
Chuck Z
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts

Congrats on your CTT. We love ours! Couple guys mentioned mud flaps. I just put a set on the CTT this past weekend. They look AWESOME painted to match. Had them on the CS too, highly recommend and its a super easy install. Good luck.
Attached Images    
Old 11-14-2004, 09:12 PM
JARO
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice Chuck!! How did you paint the mudflaps? IS there special paint for this? will the paint come off?
Old 11-14-2004, 09:43 PM
Chuck Z
Addict
Rennlist Member

I had a local body shop that specializes in painting high end cars paint them so I doubt I will have any trouble with the paint coming off. They paint quite a few mud flaps for Cayennes in fact, there was a set for a gray Cayenne waiting to be picked up when I dropped mine off. Cost was $125.
Old 01-07-2005, 01:51 AM
highender
AutoX

chuckZ :

nice car.....I will think about the mudflaps...

but how did you get the car lowered ? was it aftermarket stuff ? how much and where? I would want a system like that, that can be controlled from the inside...

thanks...
Old 01-07-2005, 01:56 AM
MoneyBiz
Racer

I want to get one in a few months. Congrats on your new Porsche.
Old 01-07-2005, 05:59 AM
Chuck Z
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by highender
chuckZ :

nice car.....I will think about the mudflaps...

but how did you get the car lowered ? was it aftermarket stuff ? how much and where? I would want a system like that, that can be controlled from the inside...

thanks...

Thanks. Air suspension is standard on the CTT and its set at the lowest setting in the pics above. No aftermarket mods to the suspension.

Quick Reply: Pictures of my new Cayenne Turbo!!