Sponsored by:

Difference in Air Suspension Control Units

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2024, 12:04 PM
Fast957
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difference in Air Suspension Control Units

I have been told I need to replace a faulty air suspension control unit. My vehicle 2010 Turbo S has a VW labeled unit 7L0907553J. I am curios if or what the difference is between this and the 7L0907553G/H units. Will a G/H unit work with my vehicle as there are many more for sale on Ebay.
Old 08-06-2024, 07:39 PM
slavie
Burning Brakes

Received 161 Likes on 132 Posts

The J would be a later revision (it's in alphabetical order), which makes sense for a 2010 car. I'd try to get that just to rule out any firmware version compatibility issues. The H and maybe even the G unit would probably work, but it may not.
Old 08-07-2024, 12:47 PM
Fast957
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That makes sense. Are there any resources that would be available to tell me the changes or that I could figure out if the G version would be able to be programmed to my vehicle before I pay to have it attempted. The local Porsche dealership was no help since its a VW part.
Old 08-07-2024, 04:22 PM
slavie
Burning Brakes

Received 161 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast957
That makes sense. Are there any resources that would be available to tell me the changes or that I could figure out if the G version would be able to be programmed to my vehicle before I pay to have it attempted. The local Porsche dealership was no help since its a VW part.
Your local Porsche dealer is a moron, or at least they pretend to be one. Ever wonder why the module in your car has a VW PN on it? 95% of the electronics on these "Porsches" are VW parts. Same for an Audi Q7.
Most dealers will generally refuse to code a used part. They want to order a new, expensive part from Porsche, and code it accordingly to the documentation they have. They do not have documentation on how to recode a used module, because why would Porsche release something like that?
You either need to find a rare dealer that will agree to attempt to save you a few bucks, find an indy shop that will do it, or do it yourself through trial and error (which can be costly, too).

Quick Reply: Difference in Air Suspension Control Units