Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rennline clear side marker LED - white wire?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2024, 03:14 PM
rosskuhns
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Rennline clear side marker LED - white wire?

I've pulled apart the side markers on my Cayenne to put in new white Rennline led side marker lights in. There were no instructions included, and I don't see any on their website. I searched here too, and found threads that helped me take the stock ones out.

They're listed as plug and play so I thought with no instructions it should be pretty obvious when I get it apart right? However there is a long white white coming off of the new marker that has no connector. The originals just have the regular bulb housing. There's just the stock bulbThe other
these are the markers: https://www.rennline.com/rennline-ca...rkers-sku-el79 You can see a zip tied long white wire coming out of the housing.
(There is also one velcro strap included that I have no idea where it goes and several zip ties)

It's Sunday and I need to get these in, or put the car back together and do it again.

Thanks for any insight!
Old 06-09-2024, 03:30 PM
rosskuhns
Intermediate

I did some more searching and people in the 997 forum mention the white wire gets spliced into their headlight wiring for DRL's. (daytime running lights)

I'll finish the install and see what works without the white wire attached.
Old 06-10-2024, 09:07 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,772 Likes on 4,310 Posts

Figure out which contact in the new lights conne ts to a brown wire from the vehicle harness - that should be ground. With a spare battery put 12v on the other pin while you ground the ground pin then put 12v on the white wire while you ground the ground pin and see what the lights do. My guess is the side markers will be on with the parking lights and headlights and the white wire will give you a turn signal input on the side marker or vice versa.
The following users liked this post:
rosskuhns (06-10-2024)
Old 06-10-2024, 11:33 AM
rosskuhns
Intermediate

that sounds like a good guess Petza914, I've got a message into rennline to see what they say, will report back.
Old 06-11-2024, 03:21 PM
rosskuhns
Intermediate

Here's the nice response I got from Rennline:

[size=13px]That long white wire is optional. It is used to run through your wiring harness to the daytime running light activation wire and turns the side marker lens from amber to cool white and also activates the LEDs that sit in the wheel well.[/size][size=13px] [/size]The DRL wire changes colors and pin location from model to model, if you would like to use that feature, you would have to find the wiring diagram of your headlights or use a multimeter to find the pin that gets 12v when the daytime running lights are activated.

I just updated our website with a note about this feature. I could have sworn we updated the site a while back fir this. Sorry for any inconvenience!

---------------------------------------------------

In case someone else runs across this, cool feature but I'm too busy to hook those up right now. They also said it's AOK to just zip tie off the white wire and not use it.

Quick Reply: Rennline clear side marker LED - white wire?