Sponsored by:

2005 cayenne s

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2024, 02:05 PM
Marshal c
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2005 cayenne s

Hi all. I bought a 2005 Porsche cayenne s about 6 months ago. It's been a great car. But I'm having some trouble with the abs. My abs light is on. The pads and rotors were changed before I bought the car. Today I decided to try to figure out the issue. I removed all the sensors inspected them and cleaned them and then cleaned their holes out reinstalled. Checked with a scan tool and all sensors are reading. I have a good solid brake pedal. I have read on this forum that the abs module could be the problem. I'm not sure and could use a little guidance from someone that had a issue like this thanks Porsche community
Old 04-20-2024, 09:36 PM
theprf
Race Car

Received 1,900 Likes on 1,210 Posts

You need to read the fault codes.
Old 04-21-2024, 08:50 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,771 Likes on 4,310 Posts

When does the error first appear, like is it when you turn sharply at low speed, high speed, comes on immediately as soon as the car is started, etc?
Old 04-21-2024, 09:36 AM
Marshal c
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Petza914
When does the error first appear, like is it when you turn sharply at low speed, high speed, comes on immediately as soon as the car is started, etc?
Right at start up. When I start the car I get psm fault workshop and abs fault workshop. Along with brake pads work shop. The pads and rotors are new all around. Yesterday I cleaned all the sensors and their mounts. And I recently replaced the front driver hub. The abs light has been on since I bought the car about 6 months ago. The code is 1276.
Old 04-23-2024, 03:10 PM
545moose
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Based on the timeline of when errors first occur, and the servicing of the system, all your parts seem new, I'd start to think it could be the main unit possibly (abs module)? Maybe using a Durametric tool might give you more insight, not 100% though. I too have an 05' S so I'm watching for my own reference down the road as well.
The following users liked this post:
Marshal c (04-23-2024)
Old 04-23-2024, 03:50 PM
theprf
Race Car

Received 1,900 Likes on 1,210 Posts

1276 is a problem with the return pump, most likely a burned out transistor in the ABS module. There is a company "module master" that can repair these ABS modules or you can get a used ABS unit & install it. If you go used match the Bosch part# printed on the black ABS module which you need a mirror to see. Don't worry so much about the engraved numbers on the aluminum casting.
Marshal c (04-23-2024)
Old 04-23-2024, 09:12 PM
Marshal c
6th Gear

Originally Posted by theprf
1276 is a problem with the return pump, most likely a burned out transistor in the ABS module. There is a company "module master" that can repair these ABS modules or you can get a used ABS unit & install it. If you go used match the Bosch part# printed on the black ABS module which you need a mirror to see. Don't worry so much about the engraved numbers on the aluminum casting.
thanks for the information. I will definitely look into that. Is there a possibility it could just be an issue with wiring. I did read something about water or moisture getting into the connection. Iv been chasing electrical issues since I bought the car. It's a long story. Either way thank you for the information
Old 04-23-2024, 09:15 PM
Marshal c
6th Gear

Originally Posted by 545moose
Based on the timeline of when errors first occur, and the servicing of the system, all your parts seem new, I'd start to think it could be the main unit possibly (abs module)? Maybe using a Durametric tool might give you more insight, not 100% though. I too have an 05' S so I'm watching for my own reference down the road as well.
Iv been looking into getting a durametric I'm still very new to these cars I got this car for a steal so I'm figuring it out
545moose (04-25-2024)

Quick Reply: 2005 cayenne s