Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4-zone A/C retrofit - unhinged idea or possible?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2023, 12:26 PM
DARIOcaptain
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 4-zone A/C retrofit - unhinged idea or possible?

As the title says, I read some thread where a guy made a nice retrofit of the 4-zone A/C on his BMW E60 5 series, but it took a lot of work and he ended up disassembling half of the interior.

I guess the work will look the same on 957, but my main question is what parts of the car will have to be disassembled for the air ducts and electronics.

Another question which can only be answered by someone who knows how does 2-zone differ from 4-zone A/C by the built - does putting the 4-zone A/C mean cutting or breaking some of the interior parts like going through the carpetting or cutting the plastic cover on the sides? This is my main concern when it comes to installing the separate A/C unit in the left-hand side of the trunk as originally there is just a shelf.
Old 12-10-2023, 02:08 PM
Crozzer
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 119 Posts

Just thinking out loud here; you might have an easier time with aftermarket a/c kits meant for restomods and retrofits and the like. Obviously won’t seem oem, but if the point is to get cold air volume pumping, that might be easier to get did.

otherwise, just a guess here, it is very likely to be cheaper to swap to another Cayenne, than to retrofit to yours.

Quick Reply: 4-zone A/C retrofit - unhinged idea or possible?