Sponsored by:

tire pressure monitoring

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 01:05 AM
tahoeblue
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Default tire pressure monitoring

Can this be added at the dealer? Can change the wheels, but I don't know situation with sensor/computer.
Old 05-27-2004, 01:39 AM
bancu
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dealers have told me no.

My understanding is that there are wired sensors in each wheel well that feed back to a central module which in turn ties into the driver's display.

You might want to look at SmarTire (http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/...artire_all.jsp). I got it for my ML55 a while back after I got use to having the TPMS on the Cayenne.

The SmarTire stuff seems to work well enough. It actually gives me more information (temperature in addition to pressure with the optional LCD display). Admittedly the display isn't as integrated and cool as the one in my Cayenne (you've got to cycle through the tires with a button if you want to check them).

The tire sensor installation is simple and requires no wiring. A local Discount Tire store mounted the sensors for free, and without a hitch, when they swapped out my summer for winter tires.

The receiving unit just requires switched/lighter socket power. It slips in perfectly between the center console and the radio/climate controls on the ML. I can't think of a place that would look as "stock" on the Cayenne.

Last edited by bancu; 05-27-2004 at 05:00 PM.

Quick Reply: tire pressure monitoring