PST2 - Porsche System Tool

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 04:15 PM
Raptor
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PST2 - Porsche System Tool

There have been numerous discussions about the value of the PST2 for the DIY folks. The price makes it unavailable, however. An alternative could be to form a users group, which, if large enough, could purchase a PST2 and then "rent" it to members at a very nominal per diem (the rent to be used as a form of self-funded insurance and recovery of start-up costs). A $10M unit price means that the group would have to be 50-100 or more in size (to keep the entry at an affordable level). I know there are many Bay Area members of Roadfly and Rennlist. Anyone interested in follow-up? The group could certainly be national in scope. Also, does anyone know if the iScan (http://tools.baumtools.com/iscan_porsche.jsp) anb alternative?
Old 05-23-2004, 05:05 PM
GMS
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck on finding a PST2, this has been discontinued and the succesor, the PST3 is not available yet. There is also an update subscription service required with the tool, which Porsche currently charge $5200 per year for although the EPA may force changes on that.
Old 05-23-2004, 07:19 PM
Raptor
Addict
Rennlist Member

Oh! It isn't the first dumb idea I've had; don't expect it to be the last, either. I guess a purchase can be viewed as a lease in the context of service control. One pays $60-$100M for the car and then makes periodic sacraficies at the dealer altar. Thanks for the info.
Old 05-23-2004, 09:31 PM
johndjmix
AutoX

Why doesnt someone just write a laptop based system like they do for most of the other car brands?

--John
Old 05-23-2004, 09:36 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 965 Likes on 589 Posts

I've mentioned this on other threads as well. I use VAG-COM for my VW Audi cars (made by Ross-Tech) and it works great. Able to do a lot with it. Couldn't find anything similiar for BMW either, though I hear they may be working on that. Can't believe someone hasn't made one- I would think there would be a pretty good market for it! Let get some of you computer geeks out there busy!!! We'll buy it...
Old 04-08-2005, 12:42 AM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 965 Likes on 589 Posts

For a reasonable price, there has to be a market for this but there would have to be some support after the sale. Ross-Tech has pretty good support for their VAG-COM system...

Quick Reply: PST2 - Porsche System Tool