Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Secret handshakes and other dealer mysteries...

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 11:11 PM
DanP
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Secret handshakes and other dealer mysteries...

As some of you may recall I've been on the brink of dumping my CT out of frustration.

Happy to report that somehow my service experience this time was superb.

The service man said that they ended up applying 3 software updates, one for the amp, another for the memory and yet another for the e-gas.

So I pick up the car this am and drive the 30+ miles to work in Drive vs. my usual manual mode, the thing feels great. Definite shift point changes.

Drive it another 20 miles back home tonight in "D" and it is still way better.

But then I get to read the paperwork, and the first two software updates are documented (although strangely it says install 3.0 then re-install 2.0)...

The funny part is that on the ticket my e-gas issue just says "could not duplicate". Although the tech told me an update was done for that. And it sure feels different to me.

Anyway, mystery update or not, it sure seems to make a significant difference in driveability. It was nice to have a "wow" moment in my CT even after a year of ownership.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:44 AM
imegary
4th Gear

Dan,

which dealer and name of rep?
Old 05-21-2004, 11:38 AM
JeffES
Pro

Sound like you've a decent tech, too. All too often there are specific steps in downloading software (duh), but there are those who will just load the newest version w/o following directions, and surprise, surprise - the "new & improved" doesn't seem to work.
Keep us posted on this, OK??
Good luck,
J
Old 05-21-2004, 12:49 PM
DanP
Instructor

Drove another 20 miles this am, all in "D" rather than "M", it sure feels way better.

I don't think this is mental, but then again...

Imegary, will send you a pm.

Also, NAV still works meaning that I didn't need to update the CD's, which I had read somewhere here would necessary for the upgrade?
Old 05-21-2004, 03:25 PM
Matt C
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by DanP
Also, NAV still works meaning that I didn't need to update the CD's, which I had read somewhere here would necessary for the upgrade? [/B]
You can still use your old CD's until you insert one of the new generation. It's only then that the Nav software update gets applied.

Quick Reply: Secret handshakes and other dealer mysteries...