Sponsored by:

957 Diesel Water Leak - Help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2023, 09:49 AM
jackdunn93
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 957 Diesel Water Leak - Help!

I have a UK 957 09 with no sunroof and i seem to be getting quite a lot of water ingress into the passenger side carpet, ive cleared the HVAC drain and dried as much of the carpet out as possible, however after a night of rain the carpet foam seems just as wet as before (maybe a little less). Is there any other causes of water ingress into the passenger side, my searches are only coming up with the common hvac drain issue. I have seen a sunroof drain mentioned, but i dont have a sunroof and cant seem to find any more drains on the interior of the vehicle. Im wondering if it could just be residual moisture from the last drying as i didnt get it all, but it seems like a lot.

Any ideas? Could the exterior drains be an issue in the interior? Would be appreciated massively.

Cheers,
Jack
Old 03-01-2023, 10:58 AM
jackdunn93
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So i think i might have sorted it - Looked at the exterior drains, whoever worked on the car last had removed the star grommet, cut the end hole bigger, and then put it back in the wrong way around, so it was effectively holding water in the chassis. Genius. I've just removed the grommet, (water pours out) can they just stay out?

Do we think this would be the cause, could the exterior drains result in water ingress into the interior?

Quick Reply: 957 Diesel Water Leak - Help!