Sponsored by:

ECU Tune - Cyber Monday edition

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2022, 03:07 PM
Crozzer
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 119 Posts
Default ECU Tune - Cyber Monday edition

I know we have a bajillion threads on tunes. Any suggestions for "best deal" available right now (during black friday / cyber monday)?

I'm liking the VR Tuned option at $700-$750 depending on which OBDII connector I get (local not an option, but then it would be $500).

But I really liked talking with Sam at EVOMS and he seems to know his stuff too, but $1200 is a jump...

EDIT: and RaceChip GTS is $569 through December 5th, with free shipping and returns (but a bit more involved on the install, I believe).

Yes, I plan to abuse it, so no I do not want "extreme." I want it to give me its all, but protetect itself from my stupid foot.

Thoughts welcome.

Last edited by Crozzer; 11-28-2022 at 04:45 PM.
Old 11-28-2022, 05:32 PM
EVOMS
Former Sponsor

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

We are running a 20% off sale on software through the end of the week, FYI. Brings the total cost to $956+shipping for a very proven, quality ECU flash with all the proper avenues to improve the truck--better throttle response, more power, but all the safeties intact--relevant when using 91oct in high altitude, high temperatures, when towing, etc.
Old 11-28-2022, 06:38 PM
Crozzer
Rennlist Member

Talking

Originally Posted by EVOMS
We are running a 20% off sale on software through the end of the week, FYI. Brings the total cost to $956+shipping for a very proven, quality ECU flash with all the proper avenues to improve the truck--better throttle response, more power, but all the safeties intact--relevant when using 91oct in high altitude, high temperatures, when towing, etc.
Sam! I was just going to come back and update my post to reflect that pricing! Thanks for all the great info!

FWIW I will also add the VR Tuned folks pointed out the racechip option, while it provides flexibility to swap between different modes and does not flash the ECU, does require installation of some sensor/harness stuff under the hood, and does not usually generate as good of power gains as with the full flash options.

This all seems like black magic to me. I wish I had an easy way to do my own before/after, either on a dyno or with a datalogger or something.... Hmm, maybe I'll pick up a dragy.
Old 12-01-2022, 03:28 PM
Crozzer
Rennlist Member

So I was wondering why an online retailer offered RaceChip GTS (not to be confused with the Porsche GTS model, this is race chip’s top end tune), for the turbo S. RaceChip doesn’t offer one on their site.

This was an interesting response…
Hello,

Thank you for contacting the RaceChip Customer Service.

Unfortunately we do not have developed a chip for the Turbo S.

We have tested the chip in the engine and didn't notice any performance increase.

Therefore we can't offer you a chip tuning.

Should you require any more information or assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.
You may simply reply to this message and a member of our team will get back to you.
Y.Beeck
Customer Service RaceChip
…​​​​​​​so it is looking more and more like an EVOMS chip will be my friend soon,

Quick Reply: ECU Tune - Cyber Monday edition