Sponsored by:

Cayenne Propshaft vibration help

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2022, 01:53 PM
slavie
Burning Brakes

Received 161 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by cwheeler
I don't necessarily disagree. Jimi-fix is well proven. But I don't think it should be considered the best/only/last fix. And as is stated above, I wanted something that would be considered quality.... not that the jimi doesn't work, but I don't think it screams "quality" ???♂???♂
I used to feel that way, too. But, the more I looked into it, the more I realized that "Jimi-fix" is actually a brilliant solution. It is simple, effective, and cheap, and you can't ask much more from an engineering perspective. Much better than the EPS kit: easier to install, costs a fraction, lasts effectively just as long (proven over and over by multiple forum members). Other than visual elegance, EPS kit is in every way a worse solution.

That said, either EPS kit or Jimi-fix only work if your existing, failure prone bearing and giubo are in good condition. If you have to replace the bearing or the guibo, you have to take out the whole shaft and it just makes sense to put in a new GKN shaft that will give you guaranteed 80-100k miles of service - more than you are likely to keep the Cayenne for in most cases. That's what happened to me - I went to put in the Jimi-fix, realized my bearing was shot, put in a new $400 GKN shaft.

Aluminum or CF shaft is, of course, the best solution if you're willing to spend the money for it.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Propshaft vibration help