Complete suspension refresh

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2022, 06:59 PM
Crozzer
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by cwheeler
Doesn't sound like they do the oils and internals
Indeed, they do not. They consider the dampers a sealed system.
Old 09-15-2022, 04:14 PM
cwheeler
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 274 Posts

Got an alignment done today. Not sure that Im happy with the print out. Driving down the interstate feels great. But should I be concerned about the specs?

thanks

cw

@Petza914 - what you think?

Last edited by cwheeler; 09-15-2022 at 04:16 PM.
Old 09-15-2022, 04:19 PM
Mongler04
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Thats as close as they could get it? don't pay for that BS, i would not.
something is seriously wrong with the passenger front caster... Camber sucks but that is an easy fix.. im amazed they sent it out like this and you paid for it!
Old 09-15-2022, 04:58 PM
cwheeler
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mongler04
something is seriously wrong with the passenger front caster... Camber sucks but that is an easy fix.. im amazed they sent it out like this and you paid for it!
This is why I'm asking. I'm not one that lets a shop "redo" work. I figure if they can't do it right the first time, the second time ain't gonna get it done either.

Cw
Old 09-15-2022, 05:00 PM
Mongler04
Instructor

This is why I'm asking. I'm not one that lets a shop "redo" work. I figure if they can't do it right the first time, the second time ain't gonna get it done either.

Cw
100% with you on this. if i have to send back food at a restaurant i do NOT eat .. If you cant cook a steak correctly no way im eating anything else.
avoid chains, dealerships are good for this and so are small ma and pa shops.
Old 09-15-2022, 05:06 PM
cwheeler
Rennlist Member

Crawling under the car, I'm gonna be honest, I don't think they touched the front camber bolts. My paint marks are still exactly where I put them.

So I guess I'll schedule with the dealer and get a front end alignment done.... can't trust anyone these days.
Name:  photo199.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  817.5 KB
Old 09-15-2022, 05:16 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,772 Likes on 4,310 Posts

Originally Posted by Mongler04
If you end up taking it back, I might also have them dial out some of the negative rear camber. If you have air suspension, where did you have the ride height set. I drop mine to sport because I'm over that automatic lowering speed threshold of 75 mph most of the time and don't want the lowering of the suspension to add even more negative camber while highway cruising which just wears out the insides of the tires.. If you drive under 75 MPH a lot you may want it set with about 0.5 degrees at normal ride height so it's at about what you show here if not a bit less.
Old 09-15-2022, 05:27 PM
cwheeler
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Petza914
If you end up taking it back, I might also have them dial out some of the negative rear camber. If you have air suspension, where did you have the ride height set. I drop mine to sport because I'm over that automatic lowering speed threshold of 75 mph most of the time and don't want the lowering of the suspension to add even more negative camber while highway cruising which just wears out the insides of the tires.. If you drive under 75 MPH a lot you may want it set with about 0.5 degrees at normal ride height so it's at about what you show here if not a bit less.
I took it in with it set at normal height. When I got back in, It was set to low. Dont know if that means they took it for a drive and got it over the MPH limit? But I think it reset back to normal doesn't it?

either way, Setting an alignment at the dealer. Lesson learned. I just have to do a bit of driving the next week or two, before the dealer can get me in.

FRUSTRATED.

cw
Old 09-15-2022, 06:40 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,772 Likes on 4,310 Posts

I took it in with it set at normal height. When I got back in, It was set to low. Dont know if that means they took it for a drive and got it over the MPH limit? But I think it reset back to normal doesn't it?

either way, Setting an alignment at the dealer. Lesson learned. I just have to do a bit of driving the next week or two, before the dealer can get me in.

FRUSTRATED.

cw
If the car is set in normal height it will drop to sport height at 75 mph, but then return to normal height at some slower speed (like maybe 50 mph). If sport height is selected by either the sport mode button or the height toggle, it will stay at sport height even at the slower speed and even if the car goes 75 at some point end then slows back down below 50.

Sounds like they hit the Sport button for their test drive /-:
Old 09-15-2022, 08:00 PM
cwheeler
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Petza914
If the car is set in normal height it will drop to sport height at 75 mph, but then return to normal height at some slower speed (like maybe 50 mph). If sport height is selected by either the sport mode button or the height toggle, it will stay at sport height even at the slower speed and even if the car goes 75 at some point end then slows back down below 50.

Sounds like they hit the Sport button for their test drive /-:
Yeah, I'm trying not to think about that, as it will really **** me off. All I know is that I took it in with no gas. Only 65/70 showing on the range. And it had the same when I jumped in.... but I can't do anything about it or prove anything. So I just won't go back... ???♂???♂???♂
Old 09-15-2022, 08:53 PM
Mongler04
Instructor

Yeah, I'm trying not to think about that, as it will really **** me off. All I know is that I took it in with no gas. Only 65/70 showing on the range. And it had the same when I jumped in.... but I can't do anything about it or prove anything. So I just won't go back... ???♂???♂???♂
if you paid with a major CC the print out is more than enough. Dispute it.. or chuck it up to education and a bad review... you could always talk to the owner... but again.. probably for what you paid, its not worth the hassle.

Quick Reply: Complete suspension refresh