Sponsored by:

Right rear door won't unlock on my Cayenne S

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 11:11 PM
Riz
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Right rear door won't unlock on my Cayenne S

The passenger rear door doesn't open from inside or outside. I have used the key to unlock all doors, only the other three unlock. I tried using the unlock buttons inside and still can't unlock the right rear door. I went through the setup options, picking my preferences to unlock all doors when exiting, this doesn't work. I took it to the dealer, they replaced the right rear door lock. Two days later, it still doesn't work. Could this be an electrical problem? I take it back next week for another try. My seven year old daughter sits on that side. She thinks the Cayenne likes her too much, so it refuses to let her out. I'm beginning to think that she might be right.
Old 04-09-2004, 11:44 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

The same thing happened to us 2 days after getting the Cayenne S. I'm almost certain its an electrical problem. However, I just looked at the service receipt and it says they replaced the door lock, but I still think it was related to some other electrical bugs including the rear hatch sensor.

Last edited by jcnesq; 04-10-2004 at 02:51 AM.
Old 04-10-2004, 08:58 AM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 98 Posts

Did you try having your daughter sit on the left side?

If that doesn't work, the right rear control unit may be bad. Has it been interrogated to see if it has any stored error codes? If so, post them here, please.

Also, check right side fuses F15 and F32.
Old 04-10-2004, 03:34 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Child safety locks in the rear doors? Must be moved manually. Sorry no "E" solution.
Old 04-10-2004, 04:54 PM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally posted by Torags
Child safety locks in the rear doors? Must be moved manually. Sorry no "E" solution.
That is an excellent theory.

My tests revealed that the child locks prevent the door opening from the inside, but the exterior handle works normally. Riz states that the door won't open from the inside OR the outside, so NOT child safety locks.
Old 04-13-2004, 12:05 AM
hotpepr
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Riz,

I don't know if this applies to your case, but check my reply to the airbag light question. Sometimes the symptom is not indicative of the real problem.

Quick Reply: Right rear door won't unlock on my Cayenne S