2006 CTTS Cam Deviation Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2021, 03:36 AM
Urraco454
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2006 CTTS Cam Deviation Question

Hello,
i’ve been having an issue with my Turbo S where it is misfiring on all bank 2 cylinders. I’ve changed all plugs and coils, swapped cam position sensors between banks, smoked intake (no leaks), compression test is within 5 psi on all cylinders. To help with my diagnosis I purchased a Durametric which I just received yesterday. I haven’t had much time to play with it yet but I did check misfires and cam deviation. The Durametric actually showed bank one misfires as well but wasn’t triggering the codes like bank two. Cam deviation was -9 on both cylinders. Actual cam position hovered close to zero on both banks at idle. No other codes apart from bank 2 misfires.

Should I be concerned about the -9 cam deviation? Could this be related to my misfire issue? I’ve heard +-6 degrees is acceptable but it’s not clear to me if that is in relation between bank 1 and 2 or individually (ie, bank two -9 and bank one 0 is bad because greater then 6 degrees difference, but both at -9 would be okay as less the 6 degrees difference.) Does anyone have a good article explaining cam deviation? I’d like to understand it better but I can’t seem to find much info and what I can find isn’t related to the Cayenne.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-13-2024, 02:18 AM
Corvetteboy6988
Pro

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

DId you ever get an answer to this, my bank1 is -7 and my bank 2 is -1, is this ok?
Old 09-03-2024, 04:56 PM
nbaynick
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an issue with "Camshaft deviation , bank 1" has no value "---" most of the time and I also have a P0344 code and check engine light. I changed the sensor and and looked at the wiring and still have the same issue.
It's on a 2006 Turbo S with 147,000 miles. Everything was great with the car until this happened and goes in limp mode and can't really drive.
What's puzzling for me is that I can read all of the other values with no issues;

Camshaft deviation, bank 1 ---
Camshaft, actual angle, bank 1 -7.00 crk
Actual angle for inlet camshaft, bank 1 0.00 ctk
Camshaft, specified angle, bank 1 16.5 crk

Any help and guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: 2006 CTTS Cam Deviation Question