Sponsored by:

Interchangeable parts with different model year Cayennes

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2020, 12:22 PM
CMSchoff
4th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Interchangeable parts with different model year Cayennes

I'll start out by introducing myself since this is my first post. My name is Chris, I'm 32 years old and currently live in Baltimore, MD. I own a local auto repair shop and a roofing company. (two very different professions I know. Haha.) I've ALWAYS been a sports car guy over the years (currently own 11 z31 Nissan 300zxs and have owned 7 Corvettes over the years as well as other sports cars and a few trucks and miscellaneous cars over the years, but I usually stick with sports cars.. Looking at getting a used 911 sometime in the near future!) but finally decided to get something a little bigger and good for all weather and purchased a 2005 Porsche Cayenne S. (Besides an old GMC Jimmy, it's the only other SUV I've owned) Of course the previous owner didn't tell me it had the plastic coolant pipes... And they were cracked. Eventually my starter took a dive (first few days of owning the Cayenne) but I was fortunate enough to find one at the junkyard and it had the metal pipes and starter and only cost me $50 and some of my time to fix it. Only other issue was the navigation screen wasn't working but I have a replacement getting here Monday. It's been a great vehicle and I'm always getting compliments on it. No complaints at all. (I was already aware of the Ferrari-like gas mileage before I bought it) Anyways, I've lurked on these forums for a while regarding modifications and other things like getting it to take off in 1st gear, but I finally decided to make an account and join the community.

I searched subjects regarding parts interchange, like VW parts that can be fitted on a Cayenne, but I'm curious as to what YEAR Cayenne parts can be swapped over. I know that mostly anything to 2006 is pretty much the same, but what parts after the face lift can be switched over? The interiors look the same to me. I've read that although it's very costly, that the front end and all that stuff can be converted over. I'm specifically concerned about the door panels. I want to buy some that have the sun shades for the rear windows and all I'm finding currently for sale (in black) are ones from 08-10. If I'm not mistaken, the only difference I see is there appears to be a space on the door panel where a small speaker can go, which I don't believe I have in my Cayenne. (Could be wrong, I'm not currently in my car though) The rest looks the same. Anyone have any idea if they'll fit? Or what else will fit on earlier, pre-facelift Cayennes? Thank you in advance for any help! I appreciate it! -Chris
Old 09-14-2022, 07:31 PM
FastFreddy1414
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any update?

Did you ever get an answer to this question? I’m looking for a new rear hatch for my 2008 and I’m hoping the rear hatch from the older 955s would fit. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Interchangeable parts with different model year Cayennes