Sponsored by:

Xclusive Customz Wideboy kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2020, 09:12 PM
bleudyno
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xclusive Customz Wideboy kit

Anyone here know anything about the widebody kit by Xclusive Customz. I came across one that I have (brand new) in my possession and debating if I should just sell it or not. Any experience with other widebody kits? This one seems pretty aggressive but maybe too much?
Old 02-11-2020, 11:40 PM
phatz
Three Wheelin'

Received 181 Likes on 139 Posts

sell it
Old 02-12-2020, 08:47 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,772 Likes on 4,310 Posts

I have a Misha Widebody kit on my 957 TTS. Was a ton of work to be done the way it should be done. My build thread is on here I'd you search for Misha Widebody Turbo S build.

I don't know anything about this kit you mention. I chose the Misha kit because it wasn't overdone and the lines flow well vs the kits that look like a bunch of stuff bolted on or stuck on, but I haven't seen pics of the one you mention either.

Last edited by Petza914; 05-18-2020 at 09:05 AM.
Old 02-12-2020, 10:12 AM
Pillow
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

https://xclusivecustomz.com/product/...wide-body-kit/

debating if I should just burn it or not.
FTFY

The following 2 users liked this post by Pillow:
deilenberger (02-12-2020), oldskewel (02-12-2020)
Old 02-12-2020, 10:28 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Yea, that one's not for me. It doesn't have any "flow" is the best way I can describe it. I started out not liking the busyness of the front with all the slats, surfaces and tiny lights (ala TechArt style) and don't know why you'd put an Audi shaped front grille on a Porsche...

Then saw the sides with all the cutouts in the bodywork. The ones behind the front wheels don't look as bad as the ones behind the rear wheels but for anyone who drives their car in the rain, all the road debris kicked up from the front tires is going to go through those "design elements" and all the way down the side of the car, destroying the paint.

My least favorite treatment is by far the rear though. The way they've made the rear bumper and rear fenders extend so far beyond the rear hatch looks terrible. There's something about the way the rear is done that reminds me of Jeep Liberty, but I can't place exactly what - just know I don't like it at all with the sunken hatch look.

The hood is kind of cool, the side rocker panels are nice, and the rear spoiler looks good too, but don't see that it's really any different than the OEM GTS / Turbo S rear spoiler that I think looks great, so maybe they didn't even change that. That's the one piece of the Misha kit I elected not to purchase, preferring the bi-plane OEM GTS one I already had.

For me, to spend the time and money to properly install this kit wouldn't be worth it. I love the way my Misha Cayenne turned out, so to me was very worth it, but this one, not so much.

If you can sell it, I say sell it.
Old 02-12-2020, 01:34 PM
bleudyno
5th Gear

So yea, I'm not going to keep it but since it was just given to me, I am probably going to sell it for cheap. Its the whole kit, brand new and unpainted, and has brand new facelift OEM Porsche Headlights, headlight brackets, tail lights, and turn signals. Tried to post in the classifieds but I can't since I am a new member. How do I get access to post in the classifieds?
Old 02-12-2020, 01:40 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bleudyno
So yea, I'm not going to keep it but since it was just given to me, I am probably going to sell it for cheap. Its the whole kit, brand new and unpainted, and has brand new facelift OEM Porsche Headlights, headlight brackets, tail lights, and turn signals. Tried to post in the classifieds but I can't since I am a new member. How do I get access to post in the classifieds?
You just need to join and pay the small membership fee of like $25.

You can try and sell it complete, but I bet you get a lot more buyers for the headlight, taillights, and turn signal stuff if you were to offer that separately. Do the headlights include the Xenon bulbs and ballasts or are they the housings without those items. If they're complete, with ballasts, they're worth quite a bit of money. Even without those, they're about $800 each I think. Look them up on the SuncoastParts.com website for a a price. I put in new ones when I did my widebody build since the rest of the car then looked brand new.
Old 02-12-2020, 02:22 PM
bleudyno
5th Gear

Yea, I do realize the worth of the OEM Porsche parts but was hoping someone with a pre-facelift would want the whole package with the kit. If you know anyone who wants the whole set for cheap, let me know. Otherwise, I'd probably have to list it on ebay or craigslist.
Old 02-12-2020, 04:02 PM
oldskewel
Burning Brakes

Received 140 Likes on 113 Posts

Yea, I do realize the worth of the OEM Porsche parts but was hoping someone with a pre-facelift would want the whole package with the kit. If you know anyone who wants the whole set for cheap, let me know. Otherwise, I'd probably have to list it on ebay or craigslist.
I basically agree with Petza14. There are probably a lot of buyers out there for the non-custom stuff. Finding buyers for the custom stuff may be difficult-to-impossible. Bundling it all together may not make sense. If you do find a buyer for the custom stuff, they'll surely be able to find the OE stuff separately if they need it and you've already sold the other stuff.

Great thread, BTW. Hilarious pic of the car on fire, and I learned a new word - FTFY.
The following users liked this post:
Pillow (02-12-2020)
Old 02-12-2020, 05:23 PM
bleudyno
5th Gear

Yea probably right. I could sell the whole light set as a facelift retrofit package. Anyone here interested since I can't post in classifieds?
Old 02-12-2020, 05:56 PM
oldskewel
Burning Brakes

Received 140 Likes on 113 Posts

Is that pic what England looks like after a (completely predictable and expected) early World Cup exit?

BTW, here's what happens whenever Detroit is in a championship - win or lose, guaranteed to see something like this.

That was 1984 when the Tigers won the World Series. Of course. What else would one do to celebrate?
Old 05-18-2020, 08:37 AM
TO_PCS
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

sent you a message. Thanks.

Yea probably right. I could sell the whole light set as a facelift retrofit package. Anyone here interested since I can't post in classifieds?
Old 05-10-2022, 09:04 PM
bleudyno
5th Gear

Anyone here know anything about the widebody kit by Xclusive Customz. I came across one that I have (brand new) in my possession and debating if I should just sell it or not. Any experience with other widebody kits? This one seems pretty aggressive but maybe too much?
Still have this kit if anyone wants it for dirt cheap......please take it off my hands!
Old 05-10-2022, 10:11 PM
TangerineT
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Sent you a PM

Quick Reply: Xclusive Customz Wideboy kit