Sponsored by:

Disconnected Wire/Connector Near Brake Fluid Reservoir

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2019, 09:25 PM
thorissr
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Disconnected Wire/Connector Near Brake Fluid Reservoir

I’m having the dreaded Brake Booster each morning approximately 5 minutes after starting my ‘06 CTTS. The error typically goes away after on a second start, and it doesn’t return until it’s been sitting over night and upon the first start in the morning. Therefore I inspected the brake booster( passenger side) and all hoses on that side and all looks good. However, when I loved to the driver side and removed the panel covering the brake fluid reservoir/master cylinder, upon close inspection and far down behind the reservoir I found a cable/connector that’s not connected. I’ve searched all around to determine what it could’ve disconnected from, and for the life of me I don’t see what this should be connected to. This may very well be the solution to my dreaded brake booster issue.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

pics

Old 12-21-2019, 10:49 PM
oldskewel
Burning Brakes

Received 140 Likes on 113 Posts

That's the air quality sensor. It should snap into a little holder thing in the underside of the cowl right there. Hanging loose like that should not be a problem.

It is supposed to detect when the outside air is not healthy enough for you to breathe, and should automatically switch the HVAC to recirculate cabin air vs. take in external air.

Pretty useless. I know about it mainly because it was one of the few faults that came up when I scanned my 2004 S with my new Foxwell NT520 Pro.

More info:
https://www.renntech.org/topic/46731-what-is-this-part/

The following users liked this post:
thorissr (12-21-2019)
Old 12-21-2019, 10:52 PM
thorissr
Advanced

Okay after scouring the Internet looking at diagrams, I stumbled upon a pic from a DIY tutorial. If you take a look at this pic I circled this wire in red. It simply attached to a plastic hook mechanism at the top of the windshield cowl as seen in the pic.

While searching for a possible booster leak this is when I found it dangling down in the open space next to the engine firewall.

I’m still curious as to what is it? What’s it’s purpose. There’s electrical wires leading to a vent type mechanism (small holes as seen in the pic).

Old 12-21-2019, 10:57 PM
thorissr
Advanced

Originally Posted by oldskewel
That's the air quality sensor. It should snap into a little holder thing in the underside of the cowl right there. Hanging loose like that should not be a problem.

It is supposed to detect when the outside air is not healthy enough for you to breathe, and should automatically switch the HVAC to recirculate cabin air vs. take in external air.

Pretty useless. I know about it mainly because it was one of the few faults that came up when I scanned my 2004 S with my new Foxwell NT520 Pro.

More info:
https://www.renntech.org/topic/46731-what-is-this-part/
Many thanks! I’m not accustomed to electrical wires not being connected to another connector.

Now back to finding my brake booster leak....I’m thinking the actual vacuum booster is on its last leg.

Again thanks for your wealth of knowledge!

Quick Reply: Disconnected Wire/Connector Near Brake Fluid Reservoir