Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 (https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-955-957-2003-2010-77/)
-   -   It wouldn’t be a Cayenne if... (https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-955-957-2003-2010/1171436-it-wouldnit-be-a-cayenne-if.html)

Vivid7 11-27-2019 03:21 PM

It wouldn’t be a Cayenne if...

you honk the horn to wave to your neighbor and the check side lights warning turns on....

let’s hear yours...

Libast 11-27-2019 03:46 PM

Wouldn't be a Cayenne if you thought you had all the fasteners removed while removing something, and the Cayenne quotes Yoda

"No, there is another"

Mark7000 11-27-2019 03:49 PM

If you went to the dealer for an oil change and it came back with all the plastic under-hood fasteners still there...

nodoors 11-27-2019 03:59 PM

Wouldn't be a Cayenne if... something plastic didn't break on a weekly basis.

Yesterday, I closed my door in cold weather and the small piece of CF trim next to the door handle decided to let go. This is 4th or 5th interior trim piece in the last 2 years.
Last week, despite my ever so careful effort to not strip the gears in the headlight locking mechanism, the tray decided it was going frag leaving just an exposed, but deeply buried and difficult to access flat rod to unlock the headlight.
Week before, the dreaded "Brake Booster Failure" warning light from another cracked plastic vacuum line connection.

Are they using biodegradable plastic in these things like the mid 90's mercedes wiring harness insulation? I have heard of planned obsolescence, but this takes the cake. We can talk about the build quality of American cars being poor all day long, but in my experience they just don't have these issues with plastic and rubber parts not standing the test of time.

TRINITONY 11-27-2019 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by nodoors (Post 16256052)
Wouldn't be a Cayenne if... something plastic didn't break on a weekly basis.

Yesterday, I closed my door in cold weather and the small piece of CF trim next to the door handle decided to let go. This is 4th or 5th interior trim piece in the last 2 years.
Last week, despite my ever so careful effort to not strip the gears in the headlight locking mechanism, the tray decided it was going frag leaving just an exposed, but deeply buried and difficult to access flat rod to unlock the headlight.
Week before, the dreaded "Brake Booster Failure" warning light from another cracked plastic vacuum line connection.

Are they using biodegradable plastic in these things like the mid 90's mercedes wiring harness insulation? I have heard of planned obsolescence, but this takes the cake. We can talk about the build quality of American cars being poor all day long, but in my experience they just don't have these issues with plastic and rubber parts not standing the test of time.

Weight saving, and if they didn't break, how would you get intimate with her.:icon107:

hopsis 11-27-2019 04:49 PM

Americans would have just made the plastic parts from cast iron.

Libast 11-27-2019 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by hopsis (Post 16256146)
Americans would have just made the plastic parts from cast iron.

that would rust in any state north of the mason dixon line, lol!

Davebrossi 11-27-2019 07:47 PM

It was going to be argued it was weight saving to use swimming pool noodles for the center console ducting...

pirahna 11-27-2019 08:12 PM

It wouldn't be a Cayenne if you didn't hear an angry warning beep at least once every time you drive it.

RSbob 11-28-2019 02:53 AM

It wouldn’t be a Cayenne if:
- after it rains my tail light didnt have condensation
​​​​​​- after every wash I didn’t get a front marker light out warning
- no matter how recently I filled the tank it shows half or less.

Petza914 11-28-2019 08:56 AM

It wouldn't be a Cayenne (Turbo) if...

... every time you mash the gas, it didn't put a big smile on your face :)

which is why we put up with all the other stuff.

or... if 1 out of 8 times the alarm didn't go off when you lock it.

hatchetf15 11-28-2019 10:23 AM

It wouldn’t be a Cayenne if there was no center grab bar, on the driver side, so your wife could gain leverage while she smacks you for doing 100 mph getting on the Interstate.

She: “What the hell are you doing?”
Me: “Merging.”
She: *whack*
Me: “You hit like a girl.”

True Story

TomF 11-28-2019 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by RSbob (Post 16257085)
​​​​​​- after every wash I didn’t get a front marker light out warning

^^THIS^^ Seriously annoying.

RSbob 11-28-2019 08:29 PM

If every time you turn the ignition, you are relieved when there isn’t a warning message.

if Sport Mode doesn’t make you grin and then think, Do I really need this On? Then you answer, hell ya.

Andy E. 11-30-2019 09:03 AM

It wouldn't be a Cayenne if the parts guy at the dealer doesn't know you by your first name...