Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 (https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-955-957-2003-2010-77/)
-   -   08 CTT air suspension : Pressure build up, implausible signal (https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-955-957-2003-2010/1149627-08-ctt-air-suspension-pressure-build-up-implausible-signal.html)

Twintipin13 06-26-2019 06:02 PM

08 CTT air suspension : Pressure build up, implausible signal

Was driving my 08 CTT yesterday, took a corner fairly aggressively and then a warning came up on the dash along with 3 beeps saying "Warning Chassis System"
Got the car scanned and it said for both front and rear "pressure build up, implausible signal"
Anyone got this before? What is the fix?

Also I drive 80% of the time in the sport suspension mode and 1 height level down from normal. Would that cause any pre-mature problems?

MarkGolf 06-27-2019 05:33 AM

Do you have PDCC?

Was the code for the rear 15628 or 15629?

If so, I have the same issue. Does the warning clear itself after shutting the car off and back on but reappear once you move?

Twintipin13 06-27-2019 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by MarkGolf (Post 15936192)
Do you have PDCC?

Was the code for the rear 15628 or 15629?

If so, I have the same issue. Does the warning clear itself after shutting the car off and back on but reappear once you move?

Yes, I have PDCC. I will have to check what the codes were that it threw. When I turn the car off and then back on it clears, and then comes on in the first few seconds of driving.

MarkGolf 06-27-2019 04:07 PM

Codes would be helpful, sounds similar to my issue.

Has the car been jacked up or had any work recently?

whats the mileage?

does your pdcc pump make a humming noise?

Twintipin13 06-29-2019 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by MarkGolf (Post 15937390)
Codes would be helpful, sounds similar to my issue.

Has the car been jacked up or had any work recently?

whats the mileage?

does your pdcc pump make a humming noise?

I jacked it up about 2 weeks ago to go from winters to summers. I have 190xxx kms on the vehicle. The PDCC oil reservoir is bone dry and I found out I was leaking oil which makes sense. I filled the reservoir with the appropriate fluid but it was still leaking.
Based on this I would assume there is some sort of leak in the lines or a connection has come apart.

My Indy is not able to fully check the car over for a few days so that makes me asking the following question: how bad is it to drive the cayenne with zero or pretty much zero fluid in the pdcc reservoir/lines? Would I be causing a lot of damage if I drive like that?

MarkGolf 07-03-2019 07:09 PM

Ohh strange that you’ve got similar errors to me but you have no fluid, I have a full tank,

I heard that rubbing the puno dry will kill it, my car blew a line a while ago and I think the car was driven with the pump dry, perhaps that harmed my pump which has caused the issues I’m now getting 2 years later

please update with how you get on

MarkGolf 07-11-2019 09:07 AM

I resolved my problem, I switched out a solenoid on the rear valve body.

[img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...014f03e8_z.jpg[/img]

Twintipin13 07-12-2019 05:51 PM

Finally had a chance to diagnose the problem in mine. I assumed the tandem pump was bad based on all the fluid leaking everywhere. Turns out the actually pdcc sway bar was leaking everything in the front of the vehicle. Interested to hear what the cost to fix will be...

MarkGolf 07-15-2019 07:01 AM

Oh damn, I know there are seals in the sway bars and from what I gather, they are not serviceable.. I would certainly have a go but after doing some googling on other systems in range rovers, bmw's, the general concensus seems to be that the only option is to replace the bar! :(

Twintipin13 07-15-2019 12:41 PM

Yeah, I am not looking forward to hearing how much it will cost if I want to replace it.

My Indy said if it was his vehicle he wouldn't even bother replacing and just drive it as it for the foreseeable future.

MarkGolf 07-15-2019 06:22 PM

Ahh man, don’t leave it. After driving mine for 2 months + with no PDCC, it sucked. Now it’s working I can’t believe what a difference it makes.

Is the leak so bad that the entire system drains or is it a slow leak? My rear sway bar has a leak but it’s more like mist, apparently this is ok according to a porsche tech guide on the system.

Twintipin13 07-15-2019 06:26 PM

Really bad leak, If I were to fill the pdcc fluid reservoir, it would not take long for it to be empty. Based on that I assumed it would be tandem pump related, but it is actually coming out of the bar.

Twintipin13 07-19-2019 06:43 PM

Got a quote back for replacing the PDCC sway bar set up. Part and install quoted at $2600 Cdn. Does that sounds reasonable? I have searched online but have not yet found any info on the part itself.