Sponsored by:

Park assist sensors

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 02:37 PM
Crocodon
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Park assist sensors

Hi again- took my car to the garage for a scan as the parking sensors are showing two red blocks on the outside of the displays.

The following errors showed:

Cayenne PARKASSISTANT Fault memory
1548 ParkAssist sensor 7, rear right, outer
1547 ParkAssist sensor 8, rear right, centre
1545 ParkAssist sensor 12, rear left, outer
0434 ParkAssist sensor 3, front left, inner

Q1. Does this look like a bumper off job?
Q2. Does anyone have experience with non-OEM sensors? I am thinking about these as they are a fraction of the price: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PARKING-U...0AAOSwHgRbsdhq

Thanks!
Old 06-12-2019, 05:46 AM
acer54
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Crocodon
Hi again- took my car to the garage for a scan as the parking sensors are showing two red blocks on the outside of the displays.

The following errors showed:

Cayenne PARKASSISTANT Fault memory
1548 ParkAssist sensor 7, rear right, outer
1547 ParkAssist sensor 8, rear right, centre
1545 ParkAssist sensor 12, rear left, outer
0434 ParkAssist sensor 3, front left, inner

Q1. Does this look like a bumper off job?
Q2. Does anyone have experience with non-OEM sensors? I am thinking about these as they are a fraction of the price: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PARKING-U...0AAOSwHgRbsdhq

Thanks!
I had the same situation on mine but all the sensors were not working, I bought the same non OEM sensors off of eBay and had them fitted to the front and rear - all now working as they should be, I decided to try them because 12 of them nearly costs the same as one OEM sensor, time will tell if I did the right thing lol
Old 06-12-2019, 09:26 AM
Crocodon
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by acer54
I had the same situation on mine but all the sensors were not working, I bought the same non OEM sensors off of eBay and had them fitted to the front and rear - all now working as they should be, I decided to try them because 12 of them nearly costs the same as one OEM sensor, time will tell if I did the right thing lol
Awesome- thank you. A few of the reviews on eBay also say positive things. Thanks so much! I’ll get them.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:57 PM
Joefus
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was able to fit the rear ones without removing the bumper. If you lay under the bumper and look up you can easily see where they mount. you may want to loosen the clamps on the exhaust tips and rotate them down out of the way to get easy access to the corner sensors.

Bosch doesn't sell the original ones to the aftermarket - they have an agreement with Porsche/VAG to only supply the manufacturers. I phoned Bosch in the UK and they as I could see the part numbers on their system but they weren't available anywhere - they told me this themselves.
Same part is different prices at Porsche/VW/Audi/Skoda/Seat for the same part - it's pretty typical.

I would suggest moving a working sensor to one one of the non working locations to see if it fixes the problem at that location, that will show you if it is a sensor or a wire.

Quick Reply: Park assist sensors