Sponsored by:

Fault code 1426

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 04:31 PM
pnickisson
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Fault code 1426

Could anyone help me and shed some light on what the solution to this durametric error code relates to? I have a 2005 Porsche Cayenne 3.2L

The error is diagnosed by Durametric as

1426:
Control unit in steering wheel
No signal/communication

There have been a couple of old posts of people asking the same question but no solutions so it appears to be a bit of a mystery.

I have steering wheel buttons, tiptronic buttons and lights but the lights do not illuminate and neither the tiptronic and steering wheel buttons do not work.

I have checked all the fuses and they are all good.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.
Old 06-09-2019, 05:32 PM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

Received 184 Likes on 136 Posts

Control unit in steering wheel. No signal or communication. We could sit and guess the cause all day but truly that is your problem.
Old 06-09-2019, 06:03 PM
pnickisson
Intermediate

Statement of the obvious...I suggest that if that is the best you can do you should refrain from posting in future as it does not help either myself or others with the same problem in finding a resolution.
Old 06-09-2019, 11:24 PM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

Received 184 Likes on 136 Posts

1426 is not a valid Cayenne specific fault code. There is no dedicated control unit for the steering column electronics. Many of the steering column functions go through the Gateway and other control units. You already searched and came up empty handed, there is a reason for that. I doubt you will find a diagnosis here. If you want to be led on a goose chase for the cause of your problem that is your choice. I would suggest you pay for diagnostics @ the dealer or find someone with a PIWIS. Vehicle systems specific faults (non OBD) are usually going to be proprietary to Porsche and their software. Durametric is great for some things but has it's faults and many limitations. This is the place that most Cayenne owners don't want to be in. Good luck in your search.
Old 06-10-2019, 07:59 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,772 Likes on 4,310 Posts

Does the car start and drive?
Old 06-16-2019, 07:42 AM
pnickisson
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Petza914
Does the car start and drive?
Yes it drives OK. This is the only error that durametric reports on the whole of the car.

I think it might be something to do with the steering wheel control unit. All stalks work OK Indicators, cruise, wipers and horn all work OK just not the buttons.

Also strangely on the instrument panel - the clock and odometer buttons do not work either so if anyone reading this has had the same issue then any feedback would be appreciated.

I'll look at taking the cover off the steering wheel...maybe i'll be lucky and see the harness is not connected properly or something.
Old 06-16-2019, 09:55 PM
Libast
Three Wheelin'

Received 222 Likes on 176 Posts

Durametric might be reporting it as a fault when its not. Especially if everything else is issue free.

Quick Reply: Fault code 1426