Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to remove/disassemble rear lower valance?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 12:53 PM
evilcorgi
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default How to remove/disassemble rear lower valance?

Hello. I'm in the process of doing some exhaust modification, and I'm trying to take the exhaust tips out. But on 957 models, there is a lower valance under the rear bumper, and I'm just trying to find a way to disassemble just the lower valance without removing the whole bumper. I've been searching for the past few days but I couldn't find a post dedicated to lower valance. I can see that valance is a part that is sold separately, so I assume it can be disassembled. Anyone has done it, please let me know!

OR even better, if you can tell me how to remove the exhaust tips without removing the lower valance, that would be awesome!!

Thank you.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:35 PM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Need to remove the entire bumper, on 957. Sorry, but the 957 lower valance has 20 screws separating bumper and valance. You can try getting from inside the bumper..... but it will take HOURS.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:54 PM
evilcorgi
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dilberto
Need to remove the entire bumper, on 957. Sorry, but the 957 lower valance has 20 screws separating bumper and valance. You can try getting from inside the bumper..... but it will take HOURS.
Ahh that sucks! Is there a way to remove the exhaust tip without removing the bumper?
Old 03-13-2019, 02:19 PM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

Received 183 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by evilcorgi
Ahh that sucks! Is there a way to remove the exhaust tip without removing the bumper?
Just take the bumper off.

Remove both rear lamp housings.
Remove all the screws there that hold the bumper to body behind the rear lamps.
Remove the screws from the rear half of the rear wheel well liners
Pull the liners outwards towards the wheels so that you can remove the screws at the top corner of the bumper where it meets the quarter panel on the inside behind the liner.
Remove the screws along the bottom of the lower rear valence.
There is a plastic "track" that the top sides of the bumper slide into next to the quarter panel.
Pull each side of the bumper back about two inches to slide it back in the tracks and then pull the sides of the bumper out of the tracks and remove.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:51 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,139 Likes on 3,912 Posts

Here are pics of the 957 Bumper from my Turbo S that I took when selling it. Maybe it shows you what you're dealing with. If you want a hi-res version of the middle one that you can zoom in on, just send me an e-mail to petza914@gmail.com

Quick Reply: How to remove/disassemble rear lower valance?